Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm sure the fact he was (is?) playing in the George doesn't hurt :pac:

Love to be able to go - down sick - I'd say it would be a lot more entertaining (and funny) than the stuff we had tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

So, 8 songs, gary moans about 6 of them. If you just tuned in, guess what 2 performances gary had nothing negative to say about? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Getting a pain in my head from listening to the roundup - Misha and Amelia's voice going through my head!

i thought it was just me, i've a splitting headache after that:mad:

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hates Ant and Dec.. unfunny eejits laughing at their own unfunny scripted crap is not funny!!

Can't stand them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'd love to see Marcus win, but don't want Gary to win at all

See ye all tomorrow everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

amacachi wrote: »
    The anorexic blonde one that was Big Brother a few years ago.

googled, i know who you mean now, i rememer her, bloody headmelt! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I think Gary has a major head problem- sad really.

He thinks that to prove himself as lead judge that his act MUST win.

He has no regard for how bad his acts are - or how good the other judges' acts are- it is win at all costs for him and no holds barred

He is a magpies sh!t

LOL LOVE IT

Gary told to "SHUT UP"

They then cut her off pretty quick!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hates Ant and Dec.. unfunny eejits laughing at their own unfunny scripted crap is not funny!!

They've been a busted flush for a few years now but the Brits still love them...

• Advertisement

They've been a busted flush for a few years now but the Brits still love them...

But wasn't it great to see them and simon and ITV have that major car-crash called Red or Black

Once again Barlow being a prick to a questioning viewer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Has anyone called Louis out on killing off Berry Gordy yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Barlow is a snaky fecker altogether.

Criticises Little Mix and Amelia a lot more than they deserved, reminds everyone of Mishas bullying in the disguise of sticking up for her and then talks up Marcus whilst pretending his views are the views of an entire nation.

Barlow is a snaky fecker altogether.

Criticises Little Mix and Amelia a lot more than they deserved, reminds everyone of Mishas bullying in the disguise of sticking up for her and then talks up Marcus whilst pretending his views are the views of an entire nation.

...And when questioned about it, says "I don't want to talk about it!"

Arrogant prick!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

keps wrote: »
    But wasn't it great to see them and simon and ITV have that major car-crash called Red or Black

Sweet :D

They were on some American show where Z list Ameircan celebs play some 'game' based on whther some randomer accomplishes a challenge. So painful...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

dee. wrote: »
    Delighted Mischa has the death spot..hope she goes tonight. I think Marcus will do very well with this theme.

I thought Marcus fared the worst tonight, strangely enough.

I thought Marcus fared the worst tonight, strangely enough.
    Indeed, I thought he was just bland. The same now growing boring usual fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Watched it just there and I gotta say that I think the whole thing is a fix. How can the judges say that Little Mix were the weakest with a straight face?

Misha B - I liked her first song, thought the second one was cheesy. I think Barlow was right for once about her not winning though.

Amelia - Can't stand her. So generic, and extremely shouty. The first song lacked any spark or Mowtown spirit. The second was basically just shouting.

Marcus - First song was nice and fun, the second one was a bizarre choice. Didn't like it at all. What was Barlow thinking?

Little Mix - Actually thought they were the best of the night. Don't know how Barlow could say that the vocals weren't up to scratch. They were better than both Marcus and Amelia, in my opinion.

It's clear that the producers want Little Mix out. The were very good on the night, and still the judges gave them bad comments. It's clear what final the producers want. Wouldn't be surprised if they have the celebrity guests lined up for the others already and want Little Mix out because of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Thought that was shockingly bad for a semi-final. The only performance I liked was Mischa B's Pink song. The rest... ugh. X-Factor has really gone down the drain this year, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Doing X Factor just seems like it was a really bad move for Gary, especially if he doesn't get asked back next year. I never realised what a douche he is.

Tbh I lost interest really quickly tonight and watched Frozen Planet instead :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭pauldry

Hating Gary Barlow just now and loving ickle mix

Of tonight performances Id predict the public will vote

Marcus 51%
    Little Mix 28%
    Amelia Lily 11%
    Misha B 10%

Amelia just makes it to final 3 folks

Of my own ratings Id give the performers the following marks

Marcus 60% not good at start but finished his songs well - safe

Little Mix - 50% I thought theyve been better but were ok hope their fans dont believe Gary and stop voting for them

Amelia - 40% some of her vocals are astounding but others are off key and shouty . Deserves a place in the final.

Misha B - 30% - I dont like her. She can sing but she annoys the fcuk out of me. Her voice is a bit shouty too and annoying. wouldnt buy her records. Would buy Amelia little mix and marcus

Novella wrote: »
    ...X-Factor has really gone down the drain this year, imo.
    Your not on your own in observing that.
    Namlub wrote: »
    Doing X Factor just seems like it was a really bad move for Gary, especially if he doesn't get asked back next year. I never realised what a douche he is.

He really is, isn't he!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Biggins wrote: »
    He really is, isn't he!

He's not particularly good at judging talent (despite being quite talented himself), is very bad a choosing songs for his acts and is quite harsh sometimes. Not to mentioning the constant lying about how good/bad the acts are. He's a bit of a plonker, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a pathetic night's semi-final.

not one performance was really up to scratch. some, yes, were better than others, but that doesn't mean any were good.

they're still pushing Mischa. she's the only one who got VTs showcasing her "softer side"...i.e. her taking time out to visit sick/handicapped kids, and hanging out with the family. it's getting pathetic. also, Gary Barlow painting her as so epic just made me want to punch him.

Amelia is awful. so shouty, but unlike Christina Aguilera, doesn't have the notes in her head to make it worth listening to.

Little Mix don't have much of a tune in their head as a collective, again, guite shouty. they perform the songs well, and are extremely likeable, but that's it.

Marcus, though last night wasn't his best, is still the only one who, in the real world, might have half a chance as he can do a bit of everything, and has the likeability factor.

Gary is one smug bastard.
    Kelly is just a moron who puts far too much stock in the fact she's from Destiny's Child.
    Tulisa looks like she doesn't want to be there.
    and Louis is just a walking handbook of clichés.

it's all very very dull this year. the worst year i've seen by a distance.

X Factor contestant Misha B has reportedly demanded her own private dressing room backstage.

The singer wants the space to relax with friends and family after her performances because she is pestered for autographs in the studio's bar area, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Only the judges have their own dressing rooms and producers rejected Misha B's request, telling her she'll have to "like it or lump it".

An insider said: "It has been pretty clear from the outset that Misha is too big for her boots. The studios aren't the most ­glamorous in the world but for Misha to ask for this is ­outrageous."

They added: "Misha has been on edge all week because she's ­convinced she will be booted off ­tonight."

Gary Barlow told Misha B that she won't win The X Factor during last night's show, explaining that she never recovered from Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh's claims that she was bullying her fellow contestants.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a354251/x-factor-misha-b-demands-personal-dressing-room.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Missed this last night, just about to catch up on the TV3 player...perfect hangover viewing!

Missed this last night, just about to catch up on the TV3 player...perfect hangover viewing!

It will make it worse! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

It did for me!
    Can't get over what a twat Gary has become, I really think he might have harmed Take that by doing the X factor. Worst thing is we all know he's not going to come back next year, so it will be all for nothing.
    Next year I can see Louis, Tulisa, Simon and a new judge.

Biggins wrote: »
    It will make it worse! :D

It did! Also TV3 Player is sh*te :mad: Had to watch the performances on Youtube so didn't get to see the judges' critiques :(

Pretty dull semi-final. None of them had two GREAT performances. I know you all hate Misha but going by performances alone, she stands out a mile. Her first song was great, second song was pretty good too, I didn't mind the rap bit, I like that she changes songs up to fit her style.

I actually liked Little Mix's first performance, despite the mistake. Second one was good too.

Amelia...I think I overestimated this girl in my head tbh. She has a good voice but nothing stands out about her for me. Second song was crap.

Marcus...ah Marcus :( First song meh. Second song, dire.

I don't think any of them are safe tonight. At this stage, the performances don't have as much to do with it as the acts' following. This makes me think that Amelia might be out. (Hope so as I chose her in the prediction league :D)

I definitely want Little Mix to win. I like Marcus but he's way too samey and if he wins he'll disappear into oblivion after one single, I reckon he'll be like that guy who beat Rhydian (can't even remember his name).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just watching the replay on ITV, the motown songs are too slow paced so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I like Amelia but to me she always sounds just slightly out of tune - a little bit flat or sharp perhaps.

As semi finals go it was shít. The standard this year has been woeful. The fact that any of them could win it just reflects that there really is no stand out act this year.

I like Little Mix the most but personally I would be happy with any winner apart from Mischa. Her voice just annoys me and I find her very false. Unfortunately the way she was shoved down our throats last night means that she probably will get through.

I shudder to think what type of christmas song she will butcher.

Kinda off topic but did anyone else notice that caseyann closed her account? Who will we fight with now :P

lizt wrote: »
    Kinda off topic but did anyone else notice that caseyann closed her account? Who will we fight with now :P

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I thought Marcus' second performance was actually very good, the judges were OTT in their criticism.

lizt wrote: »
    I like Amelia but to me she always sounds just slightly out of tune - a little bit flat or sharp perhaps.

As semi finals go it was shít. The standard this year has been woeful. The fact that any of them could win it just reflects that there really is no stand out act this year.

I like Little Mix the most but personally I would be happy with any winner apart from Mischa. Her voice just annoys me and I find her very false. Unfortunately the way she was shoved down our throats last night means that she probably will get through.

I shudder to think what type of christmas song she will butcher.

They haven't done Christmas songs for the past few years :(

They haven't done Christmas songs for the past few years :(

No one can top JLS' "Last Christmas" or same difference flying up to the top of a christmas tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

It did! Also TV3 Player is sh*te :mad: Had to watch the performances on Youtube so didn't get to see the judges' critiques :(

Pretty dull semi-final. None of them had two GREAT performances. I know you all hate Misha but going by performances alone, she stands out a mile. Her first song was great, second song was pretty good too, I didn't mind the rap bit, I like that she changes songs up to fit her style.

I actually liked Little Mix's first performance, despite the mistake. Second one was good too.

Amelia...I think I overestimated this girl in my head tbh. She has a good voice but nothing stands out about her for me. Second song was crap.

Marcus...ah Marcus :( First song meh. Second song, dire.

I don't think any of them are safe tonight. At this stage, the performances don't have as much to do with it as the acts' following. This makes me think that Amelia might be out. (Hope so as I chose her in the prediction league :D)

I definitely want Little Mix to win. I like Marcus but he's way too samey and if he wins he'll disappear into oblivion after one single, I reckon he'll be like that guy who beat Rhydian (can't even remember his name).

Can't agree, Mischa has to be a dead cert to go she's odds on with every bookmaker!

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Can't agree, Mischa has to be a dead cert to go she's odds on with every bookmaker!

is there another sing off tonight or it it on public vote?

franky was odds on to go on 2 successive weeks - but still stayed until he was booted out.

• Advertisement

is there another sing off tonight or it it on public vote?

just public vote.....bye bye mischa;)

SlickRic wrote: »
    a pathetic night's semi-final.

not one performance was really up to scratch. some, yes, were better than others, but that doesn't mean any were good.

they're still pushing Mischa. she's the only one who got VTs showcasing her "softer side"...i.e. her taking time out to visit sick/handicapped kids, and hanging out with the family. it's getting pathetic. also, Gary Barlow painting her as so epic just made me want to punch him.

Amelia is awful. so shouty, but unlike Christina Aguilera, doesn't have the notes in her head to make it worth listening to.

Little Mix don't have much of a tune in their head as a collective, again, guite shouty. they perform the songs well, and are extremely likeable, but that's it.

Marcus, though last night wasn't his best, is still the only one who, in the real world, might have half a chance as he can do a bit of everything, and has the likeability factor.

Gary is one smug bastard.
    Kelly is just a moron who puts far too much stock in the fact she's from Destiny's Child.
    Tulisa looks like she doesn't want to be there.
    and Louis is just a walking handbook of clichés.

it's all very very dull this year. the worst year i've seen by a distance.

i make this spot on

I wonder has anyone got an alternative christmas Number 1 'challenge' to take on X Factor winner:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I wonder has anyone got an alternative christmas Number 1 'challenge' to take on X Factor winner:D

A lot f people calling for China in Your Hand by T (T stands for toning issues) Pau. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

franky was odds on to go on 2 successive weeks - but still stayed until he was booted out.

Misha has been in the bottom 2 3 times though lets not start a Misha debate again please haha

Misha has been in the bottom 2 3 times though lets not start a Misha debate again please haha

No debate- I was making the point that the odds with the bookies are not always a clear pointer to who stays or goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Cheerio Misha.

So long, farewell...

I must be the only one who wants Misha to stay tonight :pac:

Evening all!

http://www.facebook.com/AnIdiotAtNumber1ThisChristmas

37477824845266188608023.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I must be the only one who wants Misha to stay tonight :pac:
    Nope - me too. I'd far rather see Marcus eliminated than Misha. He's so ick!

• Advertisement
Advertisement