Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a large-ish amount of party food.

Options
  • 16-11-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has asked me to help her get about 50 chicken wings and 50 spring rolls for a birthday party she is having on Saturday. Just wondering if there might be a cheaper way than getting them from Tesco?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

ice land in Ilac centre sells bigger 50 packs opposed to other supermarkets

catering supplies comes to mind but with memberships and buying in bulk im not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

TBH, I'd be looking at Aldi and Lidl, they've had their chritsmas party food in stock the last few weeks. Far cheaper than Tesco, and very reasonable quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

gebbel wrote: »
    Just wondering if there might be a cheaper way than getting them from Tesco?
    Catering suppliers and cash & carrys are often more expensive than supermarkets. A butchers can be cheaper for meat, chicken fillets are usually cheaper than supermarkets if they have 10 for €10 deals. If you gave a butcher advance notice it might be cheaper as they can organise it.

I asked a local health shop about getting in grains in bulk and the 3kg bag was going to be half the price of the 500g bags they have.

Some asian supermarkets tend to have catering size packs of food, including spring rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

If you're from Dublin the Dublin Meat Co. do really good deals.

They have places in Swords and Artane and somewhere else I can't remember :/

They're good for party foods like that as they do big bags of things.

Advertisement