Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Ardee

Options
  • 16-11-2011 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Right lads, have to meet someone for lunch tomorrow in Ardee, I'll be travelling from Carrickmacross to Drogheda so I can travel a bit further if I have to.

There doesn't seem to be anything at all in Ardee, I was banking on Fuschia House but its only open for dinner. Any locals that can help me out? Anything at all....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

hi, theres a place in the middle of the town beside extravision, cant remember the name but i think its very good, have been there a few times, service is very good... could be called o neills:confused:

Right there's that place beside Xtravision now called 'The Hillside', it isn't bad and they've got nice wings. There's a place 100 yards from there towards the south end of the town called 'The Ferdia Arms', good food and they do a serious chicken curry if that's your thing. Across the road down the street from that is muldoons pub, and their food is also spot on. They used to do the best steak sandwich i've ever eaten but I haven't been there in a while and can't vouch for it now! In that area also is a cafe/diner effort called 'Sizzlers', and I can't really fault that either. Fushia would be the spot and afaik they do lunch, unless that recently changed. Best of luck anyway, here's hoping you don't get a shíte feed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

I wouldn't touch Muldoons myself, overpriced for average food. Fusica is gorgeous but not sure if they do lunch. One place I can guarantee does good food all the time is Ardee Golf Club, the scampi is always amazing and so is the steak.

There was a smashing diner called Hard Days Night(much nicer then Eddie Rockets or Captain Americas) but sadly it was sold and the new place is a chipper that isn't doing too good and seems to open at random hours.

Hope you enjoy wherever you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Does the golf club accept walk-ins or must one book in advance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Does the golf club accept walk-ins or must one book in advance?

You can walk in on a weekday evening and get a table but I have never been in for lunch so not sure. You can give them a bell on 041-6857472 to check.

I assume you know how to get to Ardee so coming from the Carrick side at the roundabout beside Mc Cabe Toyota dealer take the third exit, you will pass a Texaco on your left, take the right at the small white painted roundabout and take the next right(about 200m after this) and the golf club is about 600m up the road on the left, take it handy there is a low wall and no big sign outside.

Enjoy your lunch in any case :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

or theres always marios and eat it in the car:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

whelan1 wrote: »
    hi, theres a place in the middle of the town beside extravision, cant remember the name but i think its very good, have been there a few times, service is very good... could be called o neills:confused:

I went to this place, as the other poster said its now called The Hillside.
    It did the job fine, nice pint of stout too which was well needed!

Thanks for your help lads

Advertisement