Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence for Traffic Controller Card

Options
  • 16-11-2011 6:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

I booked my Traffic Controller Card and It wasnt till after i booked it i realised I need a licence, what Im wondering is if my full irish licence will be ok?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

You are licensed to drive so I Dont see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You can still get the ticket without a licence.

An employer might require a traffic controller ticket AND a licence for a paticular position that requires bringing a UTE to work with cones etc. But there are plenty of TC jobs that don't require one.

Either way, required a irish licence should be fine. It's supposed to be less than a year old, but its not checked. Once you have the card thats all you need. You don't need a valid licence to renew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Thanks lads much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Aussie201

One of the requirements of becoming a TC is that you have a Full Drivers license, don't matter where it's from as long as it's in date.
    Did it myself, be warned though..Traffic Controlling is one boring ass job!! :P

One of the requirements of becoming a TC is that you have a Full Drivers license, don't matter where it's from as long as it's in date.
    Did it myself, be warned though..Traffic Controlling is one boring ass job!! :P

• Advertisement

haha i heard it was boring alright, any hints about how to get work at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

astonaidan wrote: »

Be Irish, blonde and female and you'll fall in to a job. Every traffic controller around the Sydney CBD seams to be like that!

Although it depends on which city you go to, if you got to Sydney, a few companies to try are: Garde, Statewide, MG Services, Retro Traffic, Evolution Traffic, Direct Traffic.

astonaidan wrote: »
    In addition to he above, there's Clannad, TTM, ATM, Domaine, STC, Kilard
    Really is lots and just need to get in with one. It helps to have friends already with crews to offer your name when they are looking for people. And they are always looking for people.

Irish Check, Blond Feck, Female Feck, Ill give those companys a call, was trying threw agents but they want me to do construction work

Well i'm sure the blonde comment was a joke. But the female one prob wasn't tbh.

I'm not being funny, but I assumed you were a girl when you mentioned TC work. There's very few guys who do it. I'm aware how sexist that sounds but tbh thats reality.
    A typical example, a guy come over looking for a quick jobs and ends up say labouring for a pipelaying crowd. A girl in the same spot ends up doing traffic control for the same job.

• Advertisement

I was kinda hoping it would be all girls I was working with ;), But Im very lazy hence why I want to get a traffic job, Saying that when I did my card there was 3 girls and 16 lads

In Brisbane it was mostly all dudes hardly any girls, and if there was any girls they were UUUUUUUGLY!
    Make sure you bring out a cooler box with loads water inside it, standing outside doing diddly squat in the deadly heat will really take it outta ya!

Advertisement