Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile cancelled my contract without me knowing

Options
  • 16-11-2011 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Last year I took advantage of this deal: http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=desire%20emobile%20cormie&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2056158480%26page%3D23&ei=0XTDTsOPPMiWhQf5iISKDg&usg=AFQjCNGD88YuwaSvKjW6TePTYsFE-AoVMA&cad=rja

The contract is up on the 27th of January for myself I believe and I hadn't been using the sim at all and really just got the deal for the phone itself, nothing wrong with that and I was happy to pay the €19 for 12 months.

The last bill I got, I saw was for €38, when it's usually €19 and saw that there was €19 "overdue". I forgot to call to query it until last night I got a bill and rang up to hear I've to pay €74.18 or something like that and that my contract has been cancelled and a cancellation fee applied.

As I don't use the sim itself, I never received any texts or calls about this but there's absolutely no reason that it should have been cancelled as there has been more than adequate funds in the account the direct debit is set up with and I never changed anything and it had been taken from my account previous to this with no problem.

The only thing I can think may have changed something in the system, which it shouldn't have because I was never told about it and never gave any go ahead to cancel the regular direct debit, was me getting my deposit back. Usually the deposit goes to cover the next few months payments, but I wanted it deposited back to my bank account and for me to just pay the regular €19 instalments (as I knew I'd be cancelling once the 12 months were up). This was refunded to me no problem, I think they may have taken the months payment during which it was refunded, again, no problem.

So somewhere along the line, it so happened they emobile couldn't take payment from me and couldn't contact me as the sim wasn't in use, so now they appear to have cancelled the contract and added me with a cancellation fee.

This would be fine if it added up to less or equal to the 12 x €19 instalments with me giving 30 days notice on the 27 dec to cancel, so I just pay the €228 total, but I never did anything to warrant the cancellation or non payment so it must be an error at your end.

I also don't want a bad credit rating or to be blacklisted by Emobile or its partners so need to get this sorted asap. I have no problem paying the remainder of the contract and never did.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Good news :)

Just off the phone to credit control and without me even explaining, he realised the problem was on your end straight away and it was triggered by the deposit refund alright.

I had a €36 and something cent cancellation fee applied to my 2 unpaid €19 bills, bringing the total to €74 something, he went to wipe the cancellation fee, got the two sums mixed up and wiped €38 instead of €36, so now I only owe €36 and as I explained the above with regards to not using the sim, he just cancelled the sim and also the remaining months on the contract :D

Pretty happy with that, basically means that the desire only ended up costing me €190 or so!

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

cormie wrote: »
    Good news :)

Just off the phone to credit control and without me even explaining, he realised the problem was on your end straight away and it was triggered by the deposit refund alright.

I had a €36 and something cent cancellation fee applied to my 2 unpaid €19 bills, bringing the total to €74 something, he went to wipe the cancellation fee, got the two sums mixed up and wiped €38 instead of €36, so now I only owe €36 and as I explained the above with regards to not using the sim, he just cancelled the sim and also the remaining months on the contract :D

Pretty happy with that, basically means that the desire only ended up costing me €190 or so!

Hi Cormie,

Do you want to send me over your number and i'll sort that out for you? :)

-Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply, I don't think there's anything left to sort though? :)

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for the PM, I don't think there's anything left to sort though? :)

Ah just thought i'd make sure anyway. It'd be rude not to ask. :)

-Steve

Thanks Steve, will be back if there's any issues ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Hi,
    Last year I took advantage of this deal: http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=desire%20emobile%20cormie&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2056158480%26page%3D23&ei=0XTDTsOPPMiWhQf5iISKDg&usg=AFQjCNGD88YuwaSvKjW6TePTYsFE-AoVMA&cad=rja

The contract is up on the 27th of January for myself I believe and I hadn't been using the sim at all and really just got the deal for the phone itself, nothing wrong with that and I was happy to pay the €19 for 12 months.

The last bill I got, I saw was for €38, when it's usually €19 and saw that there was €19 "overdue". I forgot to call to query it until last night I got a bill and rang up to hear I've to pay €74.18 or something like that and that my contract has been cancelled and a cancellation fee applied.

As I don't use the sim itself, I never received any texts or calls about this but there's absolutely no reason that it should have been cancelled as there has been more than adequate funds in the account the direct debit is set up with and I never changed anything and it had been taken from my account previous to this with no problem.

The only thing I can think may have changed something in the system, which it shouldn't have because I was never told about it and never gave any go ahead to cancel the regular direct debit, was me getting my deposit back. Usually the deposit goes to cover the next few months payments, but I wanted it deposited back to my bank account and for me to just pay the regular €19 instalments (as I knew I'd be cancelling once the 12 months were up). This was refunded to me no problem, I think they may have taken the months payment during which it was refunded, again, no problem.

So somewhere along the line, it so happened they emobile couldn't take payment from me and couldn't contact me as the sim wasn't in use, so now they appear to have cancelled the contract and added me with a cancellation fee.

This would be fine if it added up to less or equal to the 12 x €19 instalments with me giving 30 days notice on the 27 dec to cancel, so I just pay the €228 total, but I never did anything to warrant the cancellation or non payment so it must be an error at your end.

I also don't want a bad credit rating or to be blacklisted by Emobile or its partners so need to get this sorted asap. I have no problem paying the remainder of the contract and never did.

Hi Cornie,
    Just wondering did you say or ask anything specifically when you rang up?
    I'm in the exact same situation you are in, made a topic about it Monday and rang up that day too, unfortunately mine situation didn't get sorted as speedaly as yours :(
    I think they are trying to sort it, but I'm not really sure what is going on, I've been contacted but haven't really been updated as to what has actually happened since Monday.

Hi, nope, didn't say anything in particular really, just what had happened, why was my service ended without me knowing and just what's written above. Did the EXACT same thing happen to you? As in, same deal you signed up with, you didn't use the sim card at all, got your deposit back etc?

Did the EXACT same thing happen to you?

Yup, identical, same deal, same date contract expires. Didn't use the sim (well maybe once every two months for a free call or text if I had no credit), got my deposit back and asked for it to be transferred to my bank account, since then the dd has stopped! After two months I get cancelled. It's as though your topic was written by me!!
    Only difference is I tried to pay the two overdue months by standing order but they never registered it..

Haha, interesting alright, well I don't see why they can't do the same for you like they did for me? Maybe PM emobile: Steve with your number and details and he can adjust it so it's like mine?

Already have! Said it was cancelled from a perceived mispayment and he's going to try reverse it, don't know if he has...

• Advertisement

Reverse the cancellation? Try see if he can just cancel it altogether and refund the cancellation fee, that will knock the last 2 months off the contract. That's what was done for me :)

Just see the €36.02 charge has come from my bank account, so that should hopefully be it and the end of it now :) Any luck yourself?

Just see the €36.02 charge has come from my bank account, so that should hopefully be it and the end of it now :) Any luck yourself?

Nope, nobody has contacted me :mad: my patience has worn thin now, same fecking problem as you yet it hasn't been sorted and I contacted them 8 days ago, yours was sorted in an hour! Guess I'll just have to ring and hope I'm lucky enough to speak to someone who knows what they are doing.
    Was in credit control you said you spoke to? Or was it just the first agent that answered your call?

Oh yeah, I think it was credit control I had to ring to sort it :) I forget actually! Good luck!

Oh yeah, I think it was credit control I had to ring to sort it :) I forget actually! Good luck!

Hey Cormie, any chance you could reply to my question in my thread? Just to keep it all in one place, I'd appreciate it.
    Seems you just got very lucky and got somebody in the know when they answered the phone and reversed your cancellation charge :(

done :)

Advertisement