Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V difficult to read the writing on the screen

• 16-11-2011 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey Folks,

Brought Skyrim during the week and just starting to get into and looks great bar one thing that's driving me mad. Did anyone else find the writing on the screen very difficult to read?

It's not my eyes because I've no worries with any other game and even when I stand right up to the screen I'm finding it difficult to read.

Is there any setting for increase / changing the font??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Dam34 wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Brought Skyrim during the week and just starting to get into and looks great bar one thing that's driving me mad. Did anyone else find the writing on the screen very difficult to read?

It's not my eyes because I've no worries with any other game and even when I stand right up to the screen I'm finding it difficult to read.

Is there any setting for increase / changing the font??

Thanks

As in the Menu writing etc? Or just the Books/Letters/Journals you pick up around Skyrim?

Personally I fell I have to concentrate that extra bit when trying to read a Journal etc. But that's the writing styles etc. Part of the game and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

It bugs me a tad too. What resolution are you playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dam34

To be honest not sure of the Resolution I'm playing in.

It's basically all the writing on the screen i.e. from viewing my journal to having conversations.

Maybe it's just something I need to get used to as I've only been playing the game for 2/3hrs.

Just wondering was there some setting I could change to try and improve it or was it just me...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

It's basically all the writing on the screen i.e. from viewing my journal to having conversations.

Maybe it's just something I need to get used to as I've only been playing the game for 2/3hrs.

Just wondering was there some setting I could change to try and improve it or was it just me...

Possibly Change the Resolution and/or Up the Brightness/Contrast on your TV/Monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Firstly, are you playing on PC, PS3 or 360?

Secondly, what cable are you using to connect to your TV/monitor?

If on console and using composite, it will look bad and be very hard to read the text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Firstly, are you playing on PC, PS3 or 360?

Secondly, what cable are you using to connect to your TV/monitor?

If on console and using composite, it will look bad and be very hard to read the text.

+1 to this. i am using composite on PS3 :( and its very difficult to read the text on teh screen at times. i get by though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

+1 to this. i am using composite on PS3 :( and its very difficult to read the text on teh screen at times. i get by though.

Does your TV have component inputs? Red/Green/Blue

It'll look massively better through component and the cables are really cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Does your TV have component inputs? Red/Green/Blue

It'll look massively better through component and the cables are really cheap.

i'm using a 20+ yr old telly its scart or nothing on this thing.

Advertisement