Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate of pay for Oral Examiner and Assistant Examiner?

• 16-11-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi

What are the pay rates for Oral Examiners for Leaving Certs and Assistant Examiners for Junior Cert papers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Printer wrote: »
    Hi

What are the pay rates for Oral Examiners for Leaving Certs and Assistant Examiners for Junior Cert papers?
    It depends on the subject, level and in the case of non-languages (which I suspect might not be relevent to you), whether or not the exams are answered in Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Where can I find out the rates? Is there a list of rates available somewhere?

Has anyone corrected Junior Cert French or Spanish before? What are the pay rates?

Is there really noone who has any info on this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

For the summer marking, the rates of pay are printed on a page that you get at the conference. The highest rate for JC is Irish and English and they used to be around €10 a script. French/Spanish is going to be a lot less. To be honest, I wouldn't be doing it for the money. From what I hear about the oral exams, it's more students to get through every year for less money; the expenses have been cut and your eventual payment will be subject to PAYE, PRSI, the USC, pension levy etc, meaning you will probably take home half of whatever you earn.

Ring the SEC, they might tell you.

Thanks for that info.

Did anyone correct last year and can shed some light on the pay for correcting and for assistant examiner in orals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Thee is a thread on that somewhere else here....you should have a wee look for it. Lots of info on it.

Can you only apply to examine the orals if you are employed in a school in a full time position?

The form looks for school stamp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The form looks for a school stamp to know that the school are happy to release you from your classes for the period required. If you're not working in a school you don't need the stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paddy.81

For the summer marking, the rates of pay are printed on a page that you get at the conference. The highest rate for JC is Irish and English and they used to be around €10 a script. French/Spanish is going to be a lot less. To be honest, I wouldn't be doing it for the money. From what I hear about the oral exams, it's more students to get through every year for less money; the expenses have been cut and your eventual payment will be subject to PAYE, PRSI, the USC, pension levy etc, meaning you will probably take home half of whatever you earn.

This year (2011) Junior Cert Ordinary level paper around €4.50 per script. All in all got about €1100 for 295 scripts (including expenses).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

paddy.81 wrote: »
    This year (2011) Junior Cert Ordinary level paper around €4.50 per script. All in all got about €1100 for 295 scripts (including expenses).

Ta for that. The rate for HL probably isn't even close to €10 by now so:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement