Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Mechanic should stay the same just get used to mouse and keyboard, once you get used to it the mouse is alot quicker to aquire a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Maybe find a few non ranked servers to mess around in first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Join Craggy , Join a squad , forget about KDR , if it moves kill it. Get on TS and enjoy it. you will get use to it in no time.

Joeface wrote: »
    Join Craggy , Join a squad , forget about KDR , if it moves kill it. Get on TS and enjoy it. you will get use to it in no time.

So say we all.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Ye I might give this a go alright,I'm totally new to pc gaming including servers so just wondering how do I join the server.I'll probably have a few more noob questions later I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Here is Craggy Island:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/55ec134f-503f-4401-95cd-b4fc61da07b9/Craggy-Island-IRISH-BF3-Server/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Join us...

PC_Gaming_Master_Race_by_Claidheam_Righ.jpg

thanks for the replies. i might just get on a few ranked servers for a few days to get used to the mouse keyboard and try get on the server next week sometime. another thing, what happens if i dont have karkand when the server moves onto one of the karkand maps?
    thanks everyone.
    BF3 name is De_Selby83

jesus this is a lot harder to get the hang of than i thought, im getting crucified every game i play. does it get any easier? maybe its just the mouse and keyboard but i cant seem to aim at anyone, i end up spraying bullets everywhere

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Controlled bursts are better. It takes a bit of time to get used to the mouse, bear with it.
    TF2 would be a great game try too, it's much more forgiving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Press V with some guns to change rate of fire. And theres nothing wrong with shooting someone in the back.

Pain in the ass you have to do it every single respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

jesus this is a lot harder to get the hang of than i thought, im getting crucified every game i play. does it get any easier? maybe its just the mouse and keyboard but i cant seem to aim at anyone, i end up spraying bullets everywhere

It gets easier over time, for the first few weeks ull find it really hard but jump on craggy island server and there ts and everyone there would be more than happy to help you.

You can also rank up faster when ur new if u sit in tanks as a gunner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

You can also rank up faster when ur new if u sit in tanks as a gunner

that's all we need is you telling ppl to be a tank whore.

Join Craggy , find Mick , Join his squad , plenty of medic's in that usually :D
    it will improve your survival rate. Once you unlock Fore grip for a few weapons it will help with the kills.

Joeface wrote: »
    that's all we need is you telling ppl to be a tank whore.

Join Craggy , find Mick , Join his squad , plenty of medic's in that usually :D
    it will improve your survival rate. Once you unlock Fore grip for a few weapons it will help with the kills.

I wish i had a squad of medics, in fact just a half decent squad that followed me would be nice:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I wish i had a squad of medics, in fact just a half decent squad that followed me would be nice:p:D

you + me Mick....medic whore squad ;)...get another 2 and we'll be invincible :D

Blazer wrote: »
    you + me Mick....medic whore squad ;)...get another 2 and we'll be invincible :D

we need someone with ammo and maybe an engineer to and we,d be good to go:cool:

Seeing a lot of high pingers lately so we'll probably have to introduce a kicker for anyone over 200ms etc..
    We'll monitor for a while and see as the last thing we want is someone with a high ping impacting the server and other players.

Annoying server message now disabled :D
    And not one person noticed :(

Friday night games:
    Thinking of a few different rounds such as
    2x Shotgun only Seine Crossing + Grand Bazarr (too open for the USAS really)
    4 x Infantry only (various maps)

Could also do a few rounds of rush with shotgun only to make it interesting.
    There's a procon plugin which blocks out weapons (well it kills the guy who kills with a banned weapon) so we could enable that :)

Let us know what you think and whatever suggestions you can think of also:)

id be up for that on friday alright, havnt had a chance to get on a good game yet. a question though, i dont have b2k so can i still play the server but just not those maps?

id be up for that on friday alright, havnt had a chance to get on a good game yet. a question though, i dont have b2k so can i still play the server but just not those maps?

as far as I know you will...you'll just get kicked off when one of them loads up..

• Advertisement

Some good ideas blazer, u know me il kill people playing any rules bar knife only lol so im up for it :)

Good Friday Shotgun Massacre

Will start off with a few rounds of Infantry only followed by some shotgun mayhem and some shotgun rush.

Be warned that for shotgun mode people can spawn with other guns and kill with them..however they will also die...anyone found abusing it tonight gets kicked :)

One question....USAS/MK3A1.....yay or nay?

Nay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Only with slugs...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Nay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

nosahar canals is good for TDM shotguns only (running around the crates). tbh on that map it doesnt matter too much what shotgun you use as it's such a tight map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Blazer wrote: »
    One question....USAS/MK3A1.....yay or nay?
    Definite nay. When we played shotgun-only before we always said no auto-shotguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Aren't they all auto cept for the 820CMS?

Nop the dao is semi and the m401 or something is semi

And ya im up for it be on ts soon for the banter :)

• Advertisement

the one time i get some free time to pop onto the server battlelog wont let me log in saying i have the wrong password which i logged in with a few hours ago to check something.slightly annoying, one less cannon fodder for ye all tonight :D

Advertisement