Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Van @ 3:30am in Newbridge. WTF?????

Options
  • 16-11-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Is it me or is a White Hi-ace driving around a housing estate @ 3:30am very suspicious? Living in Connell Drive area of Newbridge and it's not the first time we were awoken by a van of this type driving around, i think posting those dodgy leaflets/stickers that look for unwanted blankets, clothes etc. Not sure if it's wise to go confront them just in case they are of the criminally minded type but will definitely be ringing the gardai the next time to check them out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

murty01 wrote: »
    Is it me or is a White Hi-ace driving around a housing estate @ 3:30am very suspicious? Living in Connell Drive area of Newbridge and it's not the first time we were awoken by a van of this type driving around, i think posting those dodgy leaflets/stickers that look for unwanted blankets, clothes etc. Not sure if it's wise to go confront them just in case they are of the criminally minded type but will definitely be ringing the gardai the next time to check them out.

Certainly worth ringing the Gardai about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Possibly a milk man?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭murty01

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Possibly a milk man?

I thought that. But at half 3 in the mornin? Surely not likely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Possibly a milk man?

Could be , he does be in my estate Kilbelin abbey anytime from 12-2 most nights .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Certainly worth ringing the Gardai about it.

Really? Why would one ring the Gardai about a van driving around, it's not breaking any laws is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I thought that. But at half 3 in the mornin? Surely not likely.

Actually Murty, it's quite likely. I work nights and regularly encounter guys in Hi-aces (seems to be the van of choice) delivering milk anytime between 2am and 5am. As the nights are getting cooler there is much less likelihood of milk going off on the doorstep so they can pretty much deliver anytime they want, and because it all cartons now you're not going to hear that lovely reassuring "clink clink" of bottles being put down.

I'm not saying for definite that it is a milkman in your area, but a simple bit of detective work on your behalf (sit in a dark room upstairs and observe van drivers behaviour) should clear it up.
    If van driver walks from van to doorstep with something in his hand, there's a possibility he's delivering something:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Could be newspaper deliveries too. My paper gets delivered at about 2-3 in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

vicwatson wrote: »
    Really? Why would one ring the Gardai about a van driving around, it's not breaking any laws is it?

If the OP thinks it is "very suspicious" that a van is driving around an estate at 3.30am then why wouldn't one ring the Gardai? If there was a patrol car nearby they could check it out.

If its innocent then no harm done, if they are potentially scoping out houses\cars to break into or steal then the OP has been vigiliant and may have prevented a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Leave the moderating to the mods, please :)

Cool heads all, cool heads..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EskimoJack

It is a milk man.. He starts his round there - i know him

• Advertisement

I would be 99% positive it's the milkman! The premier dairies one has a white hiace. Friend of mine who moved here recently was very disturbed by it until she described the driver, and it most definitely was the milkman.

Advertisement