Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I going Stir Crazy?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Morning Ladies

Im having a rough week this week. I dont know what is wrong with me but I literally feel like im loosing the plot.

I am the moodiest person ever (had a blaring row with himself yesterday evening as he was home before me and CLEANED and LIT THE FIRE instead of putting the dinner on:( Imagine!! ), I cant stop crying (not doing my image any good), and i feel in a general state of panic and uneasiness.

Yesterday I felt hot and dizzy, turns out i was hungry :rolleyes: I had myself diagnosed with preeclampsia (spelling), appendicitis, and a migraine (i doubt its even possible to have all three at once and still be alive but that will tell you how crazy my brain is acting!!)

Im thinking its because we have made it to the 20 week mark, and its all getting a bit real... mixed with the stresses of fricking christmas around the corner :rolleyes: and the fact that my job its taking its toll on me and im just frickin knackered..

Please tell me its normal to be sent dooolally while expecting a baby and im not just loosing the little bit that I have left.

I genuinely cant wait to become a parent, we are both really looking forward to it. And my other half just keeps saying "im sure its normal to worry about the worst happening", and to a degree I know he is right.. But I wanted to ask you ladies who have been there, done it, and hopefully worn the t-shirt??

Sorry this is a bit long, but I even feel a little better for writing it all down, maybe I should have done so days ago! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

haahaa omg, you've brought back so many memories of week 20! Though I think it was around week 25 or so for me, where you feel it's all become so real and you panic because you think you'll never be ready! lol

Baths really helped me relax, but I know a lot of pregnant ladies aren't fans of them. Other than that...baby will be here soon relax and enjoy being able to leave the house without having to plan it around feeds and nappy changes and most of all enjoy your sleep! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Hi. I was the same as you on my last pregnancy. I think it's a combination of hormones and as you said the idea of actually having a baby starts to become more real. I had such a short temper I'm shocked my husband still married me after 7 and 1/2months of it. He's a saint.

Personally I think that the fact that afterwards you realise that you're acting crazily is a good thing if that makes sense. At least there's a bit of normal still in there. It's when you have a stupid row but don't think that you were being unreasonable that you have to worry. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Just wait till you want get to 31 weeks then the fun will start. well it has with my wife.
    Today she just wants to kill everyone in the shop.
    "Look at you", "What the hell are you looking at", "what the hell are you wearing", "I just want to hit you", "you should of @#"£ off now" the list goes on and was for just 2 mins before i brought her to the baby clothes section :D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Totally agree, I dont think I got the moods (according to me), but I couldn't watch TV with crying, RSA adds, Africa ads, news! Everything. I was a mess, anything at all with kids or pain and I was off. Even one day I saw a toddler with a cast in the shop and I was in floods of tears.

If anything went wrong in work all I wanted to do is shout ' JESUS, CAN'T YO SEE I'M BLOODY PREGNANT HERE!!'

Trust me, that would be out of carrigture for me.

My friend stabbed her husband with a fork.

My other friend threw out all her bed linen 5 weeks before the baby was born and bought new stuff.

Hormones are sooooo strong, but happy hormones after the baby is born are just as strong!

I would say, talk to you hubby, if you can, just tell him you feel like a bloke on steriods, or whatever so it makes sence to him. It will pass, or change and then the mad cleaning buzz will kick in (I didnt get this!)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

My crazies started last week when I hit 31wks..hadn't been showing much up til then and all of a sudden after the easy preceding months, the sleep went, got sore & sick etc.
    Find myself wanting to either batter everyone or hug them simultaniously. Cried the other morning in work as they were cleaning the coffee macine and I couldn't have any. Amused the colleagues no end:confused:
    Yesterday a shop assistant asked my mother was I having a meltdown as I was rambling incoherently to him. I also froze my shampoo among many other genius moves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

sounds normal...at 20 weeks (ish) I had shouting matches in supermarket car parks cause people were going around it the wrong way; I'd start sobbing in the car when they played (not even particularly sad) songs or news (so I mainly listened to RnaG just because I can't understand much of what they're saying..:p), watching tele was impossible at times...

had a breakdown in Ikea cause I was overwhelmed with all the stuff for baby, and even just walking around the baby aisle in Tesco sent me jittery and teary.

fair play to my poor husband for not having left me ages ago and still putting up with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

aye, i had another meltdown last night.. i dunno how he hasnt just said "look im outa here ring me in april" :(

the anti christ was never in it. im skipping work today and just having a me day and two fingers to everyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

I think it can be a but of reason to go a bit crazy but I am goiing to be controversial here and say its not an excuse to do so...

I have been lucky in that I have not been all that moody this pregnancy but I have also been very conscious not to be as its not fair on my OH.

When you feel a flare up coming on, unless its justified, try to rationalise it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

This is so funny. . . it happened me alot when i was hungry, when it started, my husband knew the signs and would make me tea and biscuit.. but if i was gone to far he'd just let me have the rant.. unless it was about the girls messy rooms and then he'd step in and send me away for my ten deep breaths.. calm in stress out. . :D i'm much better now i have to say :D

Just watch for the triggers hunger, tiredness and stress.. we all need to vent at times and usually hit out at the person closest, but try not to stress too much about what you have no control over.

Not one woman who has had a child doesn't panic over what's to come, its normal, i've just had my 4th and i spent more time worrying on this pregnancy than all the others..and i spent more time giving out than the others too... but i sat the girls down(12,9) and explained that while i was giving out it was not directed at them.. it was because of the frustration of not being able to do normal things(like housework) and tiredness.. it did help they'd just go into eyerolling mode and scatter to the other side of the house :D explain to you OH how you feel and don't expect him to know what's going on in your head, it does help when he understands it's not about him but about your worries ;)

And dont forget this is an amazing place to come and vent without creating an atmosphere ;):D it's why the pregnant womans moan thread is so successful

Advertisement