If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hi fi?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi there
    I would love a recommendation and price on a hi fi please. What I'm looking for is:

2 speakers, preferably detachable but not essential
    I phone (and i pod ideally) docking
    Connection to a laptop with itunes
    Decent speakers
    DAB radio
    CD Player

I'm hoping to get one for under 200 euro - what do you think?

Thanks for your help.
    Mulberry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Mulberry

Check out the excellent Philips DCM-3020

dcm3020_05__fv_.jpg
    This is a very powerful micro HiFi system pumping out 60 Watts per channel -goes nice and loud:)

The speakers have built in woofers and can lay on their side if space is tight and as you can see they are seperate fromthe main hifi

you can dock your iPod/Phone/Pad to it via the dock on the top.
    It has 2 line inputs so you can hook the audio out outs from a laptop
    It even has a CD player and FM radio no DAB however.

Best of all at only cost €179.99

How does that sound to you??

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

It looks brilliant Ash - except for the DAB radio. The reception I currently have ( in my kitchen) is very bad for some reason. If I move from one part of the room to another then the reception goes. If I'm beside the stereo it's fine, when I move away it's bad! Very annoying. So I reckon I will need DAB to sort that out. Do you have another one with DAB? Or do you think DAB will fix my problem?
    Thanks
    Mulberry

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Mulberry,

There's no guarantee that DAB will sort out your reception problem. Do you have a small DAB radio or could you borrow one just to test out the signal in your kitchen. The other suggestion I would make is if you have Wi-Fi in your house you can use an iPhone or iTouch to play internet radio, while docked, through our Fidelio App available from the iTunes store for free.

Let me know if these options help you out.

Thanks a mil,
    Nicola. ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

I might try borrowing a DAB radio off a friend to try that out - good idea.

The Fidelio app will work well when my husband is in the house (he has the iphone - not me!)

Thanks for these ideas Nicola, much appreciated.
    Mulberry.

Hi Mulberry

Well that sorts another Christmas pressie then - make sure thereis a iPhone under the tree for you:D

Infact an iTouch or iPad can also use the FIDELIO app as well, so if you have one of those your ready to roll.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.