Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paving turning green

Options
  • 16-11-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Our back garden is quite damp at the best of times, all our paving has turned green and is slippy, from all the wet weather we've had.
    Does anyone know is there anything we can do to avoid this happening, it's a real eye sore and powerhosing it all the time is a pure inconvience

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Perhaps this thread in DIY might help: Clearing Moss and algae - I guess that the green colour is possibly algae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leshogan

Chlorus from any coop, dilute and spray on witH a nap sack, great stuff

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

This time of year I have a few paths that get green and slippy few buckets suds (shot washing up liquid) in water and thin bleach (buy a gallon of it in aldi/lidl under €5)

1.wash and brush down the path with the soapy water/0r use your powerwasher
    2 brush on the bleach , problem solved;)

1-2 times a year this has to be done...

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I sprinkle salt on in damp weather, it seems to kill the algae, then I hose/sweep it off and doesn't harm the pets that walk on it. I don't use harsh chemicals as they would poison them absorbing it through their little feet. :)

Advertisement