Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatiabilty help!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Any qualms about buying from Germany and paying by bank transfer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 scobish

I presume you mean from http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp?lb. Bank transfer isnt doable and they are out of 64 bit OSs so i was just gonna get it from komplett! I never had any issues with them before - they even forced a delivery to me on christmas eve a few years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

scobish wrote: »
    I presume you mean from http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp?lb. Bank transfer isnt doable and they are out of 64 bit OSs
    I am and they have Home Premium.

Did a similar build for about 870 delivered.
    You may know that hard disks are unreasonably dear right now, so maybe you could grab an old one for the time being.

Other than that your build will work fine. There could be a few things got cheaper, your RAM for example. If you are sticking with Sandy Bridge some 1.5v 1333Mhz RAM will do almost the same job as 1600MHz (about 3/4FPS difference in games according to Custom PC).
    Consider this RAM.
    Even this will do fine (+€5 Shipping)

Have a look at some other graphics cards too.

Have a look on dabs.ie as well.

Thanks for getting back so fast but the OS is in german! :D And yeah with the flooding they are crazy expensive! When they drop again ill pick up a faster 1TB and use that slow 500gb as a slave drive so its no problem! Ill look into the graphics card but i plan on doing some streaming so i might need those 5 fps so i might keep the ram for a tenners sake! Thanks for the input mate!

Scobish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It doesn't matter if the OS is 32-bit or German, you can still use the same key with a 64-bit English version if you have the disc. You can borrow this or download the images. Remember that it's your key that you are buying so it's not dodgy.

• Advertisement

Cool! I didnt know that monotype!

About the graphics card - accordind to this the nvidia 560ti is only marginally better than the radeon HD 6850 - can anybody confirm this? Because if the difference is really so small i can swap this 650ti for this HD 6850

would make quite a difference in my build!

Scobish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Real world applications (ie games) show that the 560 Ti is closer to the HD 6950 in performance. If you compare gaming benchmarks the difference between the two is around 5% either way - whereas the difference between the 560 Ti and the HD 6850 is closer to 25% (in favour of the the 560 Ti).

I very rarely pay attention to those benchmarking packages - they tend to have a bias one way or the other due to focus on GPU manufacturer specific technology. Real game benchmarks are a much more reliable indicator.

The 6850 does better in that chart than the 6870. I wouldn't trust it apart from getting a general idea of performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Check your prices against http://www.ebuyer.com/ and http://www.lambda-tek.com/ you might make a saving, and there is usually better choice over components than Komplett.ie

Ebuyer definitely don't deliver here anymore and lambdatek said they didn't deliver when I asked them, but that's over a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Monotype wrote: »
    Ebuyer definitely don't deliver here anymore and lambdatek said they didn't deliver when I asked them, but that's over a year ago.
    Yeah I haven't used eBuyer in a while, so maybe they have stopped now - you had to use Google Checkout the last time I used it. As for Lambdatek - try buy something and go to the checkout, you can choose 1-3 day shipping from the drop down list... I got both my PCs from there last October...

Advertisement