Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music to reflect my mood..

Options
  • 16-11-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So I've noticed a trend in myself, the songs which I love to listen to all the time seem to put me in a low mood for a duration of the day.

Now I'm a college student, I have a lot of breaks throughout my day so I'm not always in class.. everywhere I go I listen to music (to and fro class, walking to shops, studying, chilling out) - a large portion of my day would involve me listening to music whilist doing other things. I'm never seen without a pair of Skullcandy headphones around my neck.

I listen to EVERY genre of music, but my favourite is mostly alt rock. The bands I mostly listen to are Radiohead, Marilyn Manson, The Strokes, Muse, Placebo..
    I'm so obsessed with these bands because I love the riffs and guitar playing the composition of the songs..
    However, these bands/songs all seem to make me feel pretty low without me realising it - almost subconsciously.
    But when I listen to bands like Noah & the Whale, Take That, Price.. I'm in much better form !

I love my depressing music so much but the low moods and feelings are really starting to become a problem in my daily life that I'm on the verge of deleting every song from my iTunes (several thousand) that isn't "happy" or enlightening.. which will leave me with several artists who I wouldn't mostly listen to - but I'm expecting this to leave me as a happier person and have an overall more positive attitude :)

Has anyone any similar experiences with music like mine, or any opinions??

Advertisement