Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast and Slow Tracks

Options
  • 16-11-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

So what do you guys reckon each of the tracks are compared to lets say Shelbourne Pk.

IGB suggest that Longford, Cork & Waterford are each 0.30s faster and Mulingar 0.50s slow, but we all know this varies and lets take Limerick & Kilkenny - there could be up to 50 / 60 spots between these two.

So what do we think on this. Would be keen to figure out Harolds X & Kilkenny for example

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

harolds cross would be slower than shelbourne and kilkenny slower than harolds cross both are rated standard

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭kk09

Nowso wrote: »
    harolds cross would be slower than shelbourne and kilkenny slower than harolds cross both are rated standard

Well, would you put an approx number on it. I would think that Mullingar is approx .40s slower than SP?? Not sure bout HX

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EskimoJack

Its wrong to use SP as a template as in my opinion it is running far to fast at present, mullingar is officially rated .50 slow than 'standard' but the issue is what is standard, Irish tracks are not rated fast on a nightly bases like they can be in the uk, this is destroying middle grade hounds who do one freak run due to running conditions and never win again as they are graded to high.
    IMO the grading system needs a complete overhaul

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭kk09

EskimoJack wrote: »
    Its wrong to use SP as a template as in my opinion it is running far to fast at present, mullingar is officially rated .50 slow than 'standard' but the issue is what is standard, Irish tracks are not rated fast on a nightly bases like they can be in the uk, this is destroying middle grade hounds who do one freak run due to running conditions and never win again as they are graded to high.
    IMO the grading system needs a complete overhaul

Agreed, but there is also a big difference from track to track, which is not represented in the IGB track ratings. I'ld like some suggestions as to where these may be. Should Limerick be rated fast. We would have to assume that SP is the base for all tracks in Ireland and if average times in SP improve we will put is down to the good breeding practices in Ireland (LOL).

Anyways, I would simply like some opinions on suggested differences between the track speeds.

I myself would suggest Limerick to be 20+ spots faster that SP most of the time, while Kilkenny seems to be approx 30spots slower most of the time - The more suggestions and tracks we hit the better. Galway maybe is on a par. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

its hard to get an exact handle on standard. i asked a question to the head of regulation re track rating on why do so many tracks not rate there tracks on the night. he told me that they were told to but some tracks are better at it than others.

i said then a national effort would be needed , but not happened.

galway would be close to standard on the slow side is day youghal maybe also.

shelbourne is faster over the last year or 2 than it was

• Advertisement
Advertisement