Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pennys redevelopment Green Light.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

lucylu wrote: »
    a seperate development planning is sought in Hanover ....
    http://193.178.1.229/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=116453&LASiteID=1

the construction of a retail development of 5109sq.m Gross Floor Area to include convenience supermarket with a Nett Floor Area 2500 sq.m, and comparison goods textiles and homewares and drapery Nett Floor Area 1000sq.m, including alcohol sales area, ancillary administration offices, staff facilities, bulk store cage marshalling area, cafe, circulation space to include entrance atrium, and service yard. The landscaping and rearrangement of existing car parking provision 598 spaces granted under (PD5041) to include additional 31 new parking spaces to give total 629 spaces, Taxi Rank, all ancillary landscaping, site development works, plant and services and lighting. Access to the proposed development will be via the existing Carlow Retail Park Entrance via the Inner Relief road at Hanover Roundabout.

Does Carlow need another supermarket.. ????

Looks like Carlow is indeed getting another Supermarket in Hanover... Permission was conditonally granted yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

M&S?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I thought M&S was going into the Penneys Development, I wonder who is going into the Development in the Woodies Carpark? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Who says Kilkenny is better than Carlow? We have no Tesco, No Marks, No Iceland and on top of that ridiculous parking charges, provided of course you can find somewhere to park, the market yard is a nightmare and at times it is almost impossible to get out of market cross.
    Okay Khans books is a bnilliant shop, then there is Easons at MacDonough, Bookcentre in high St and stonehouse in Keirons St.
    No one mentions Padmore Barnes in kilkenny, it is a great shop for outdoor types and shoes and free parking.
    Kilkenny as Carlow suffer from lousy town planning, one should be able to walk round without moving a car.
    I would love to go to Thurles for a look see but there is not a decent road from Kilkenny, same as New Ross, Kilkenny is either you go north or south.
    Penney's is a hub store, a treasure to anytown centere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

so its going a head, any one got any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Found these in a quick search.
    krfPXg
    krhnvf
    krf73g

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

tonyheaney wrote: »
    so its going a head, any one got any pics?

I'll eat my hat if Donnybrook Property build as planned. They have a net worth of -€9.7m to start. They probably couldn't raise the commencement notice fee at that rate. If anything it might be Penny's financing enough development to rehouse them.

https://www.duedil.com/company/IE400386/donnybrook-property-investments-limited
    *click sign in then x the screen away

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

this is looking dead in the water now still no sign of it starting, anyone heard anything?

Advertisement