Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to get UPC to do work for me.

Options
  • 16-11-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

I moved location recently and cannot get UPC to do the necessary work to allow me to use their service. I am still being charged for the service since my move date in October but am unable to use it. At this stage, they are not even returning my calls and when I call in, the person I am supposed to be dealing with is always on another call.

How can I progress this? I don't want to quit the service but cannot continue paying for something that I cannot use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What type of work ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why are you paying for something they cannot supply to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

listermint wrote: »
    What type of work ?

External cabling required for the installation of TV and broadband.
    jor el wrote: »
    Why are you paying for something they cannot supply to you?

I was an existing customer elsewhere and moved to a new location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

But no ISP will guarantee a connection when you move. They also won't install cabling just for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

STOP paying them immediately as they have no interest in doing anything for you while they are getting money for nothing!

Write to them requesting a refund of all monies paid to them since your move, also request formally that they carry out the work you have already requested.

If you just want them for TV you should check out Sky as they are a lot cheaper than UPC

• Advertisement

But no ISP will guarantee a connection when you move. They also won't install cabling just for you.

They came out, checked it all and said they would do the job a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

COYW wrote: »
    External cabling required for the installation of TV and broadband.

I was an existing customer elsewhere and moved to a new location.
    they may not have cable service available in your new area so all they could offer is mmds which is poor at best and very expensive compared to getting sky or putting up a dish for free to air services.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    they may not have cable service available in your new area so all they could offer is mmds which is poor at best and very expensive compared to getting sky or putting up a dish for free to air services.

3 houses each side of me, each of which are no more than 10 metres away have it connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

COYW wrote: »

They came out, checked it all and said they would do the job a few weeks ago.

They agreed to do the work. Since your neighbours already have it set up it can't be a major job. I would notify them in writing that you will not be paying another cent until they provide you with the service they agreed to.

Be wary of them though. They have a nasty habit of setting debt collectors on people without any warning! They did it to me over a payment I forgot to make without even sending a reminder.

Have you considered switching to sky? Cheaper, better quality and much nicer people in general :)

Advertisement