Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Much do Java/J2EE Contractors Make in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of leaving my cushy job and risking contracting for a while. I have about 6 years experience but I'm not sure what the going rate is, or what the tax rate would be.

Anyone know? I would especially like to hear from Java contractors or HR people.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭HellishHeat

This thread is in the wrong place but if I put it elsewhere I'd be told to put it in 'Dublin'. Can't win with some topics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I suggest you talk to some of the recruitment agencies - they'll be able to give you a good idea of what's out there, what rates are available and how much you might be able to command based on skills/experience etc. They should also have some idea about tax, but you'd probably need to talk to a good accountant about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Advertisement