Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad Question

• 16-11-2011 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi all,

Am sure this is pretty simple but I just can't figure it out.

My boss is having a problem with checking his emails on his Ipad.

He is using ireland.com email and when he goes into his emails there is a preview pane at the bottom of the screen in the inbox but you are unable to scroll down in the preview pane, the result is he can't read his emails.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume he's accessing it using the webmail. Tell to him to try scrolling inside the frame using two fingers instead of one. Although I thought iOS 5 changed this so that just one finger would work.

But it would be better if he just set up Mail to check his ireland.com email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mosin

Did your boss ever figure this out? I got an iPad for Christmas and am having the same problem with my Ireland.com email. It's really frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

mosin wrote: »
    Did your boss ever figure this out? I got an iPad for Christmas and am having the same problem with my Ireland.com email. It's really frustrating!

I am not sure actually I will be seeing him later in the week and will ask him! Did you get yours sorted??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mosin

Seems a bit hit and miss. It works sometimes but more often than not the whole screen gets messed up with my double tapping attempts and I have to shut down Ireland.com and reopen it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Another question for ye guys.every now and again,say once a week or so my broadband slows right down and becomes almost unusable.
    I've been trying to find what's causing this and am pretty certain that its my gf's I-pad 2 WiFi only that's causing at as when its happening and I put it into airplane mode the problems disappear.
    I can't see what on the I-pad s causing this though.
    My question is does the I-pad download anything in the background and if so where can I see what it'd doing and can I set it to do this at a certain time at night on a given day each week as it seems to happen every Wednesday night about 10.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

eggy81 wrote: »
    Another question for ye guys.every now and again,say once a week or so my broadband slows right down and becomes almost unusable.
    I've been trying to find what's causing this and am pretty certain that its my gf's I-pad 2 WiFi only that's causing at as when its happening and I put it into airplane mode the problems disappear.
    I can't see what on the I-pad s causing this though.
    My question is does the I-pad download anything in the background and if so where can I see what it'd doing and can I set it to do this at a certain time at night on a given day each week as it seems to happen every Wednesday night about 10.

Cheers
    Further investigation into this problem revealed that WiFi only dies when iPad is in the process of charging.as soon as its unplugged from charger everything returns to normal and as soon as plugged back in everything slows to a snail's pace again.not a major ordeal but annoying non the less.anyone else experience this.

Advertisement