Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power supply goosed

Options
  • 16-11-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Think I just tk'd my power supply trying to get an old watercooling pump to work - don't ask.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I could pick one up tomorrow at a good price? if not I'll just order on online, but would prefer to get it sooner rather than later...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Don't get one from maplin. They're crap and expensive.

I don't know what your needs are but you could ring up komplett and ask them if they've anything like this in stock.*
    http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/29_PSU/productdetails/80002628/A_Data_HM_650_650_Watt_ATX/AHM650_BZ_CEU/default.aspx

*Physically in stock. I don't know if "in stock" means that or that it's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

I think it might be Komplett alright, but it'll have to be more like 850W (watercooling etc), thinking

Corsair HX850

Pricey little bugger, but comes highly recommended - anyone any other suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

cyburger wrote: »
    I think it might be Komplett alright, but it'll have to be more like 850W (watercooling etc), thinking

Corsair HX850

Pricey little bugger, but comes highly recommended - anyone any other suggestions?

Whats your setup? A lot of people can overestimate the PSU that the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What exactly are you trying to power? You may not need 850W.

Edit: Baah, ninja'd.

i5 2500K oc'd
    GTX 570
    8800 gtx for second and third displays
    2 x 4GB DD3 rams
    2 x 10k rpm raptors
    1 x SSD
    2 x optical drives
    1 x Swiftech MCP35X
    4 x high performance 120mm fans

I know 850W is probably too much for this set up, but I do plan to expand in the new year, probably new GPU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Check Lambdatek out they are cheaper than Komplett.ie and have 1-2 day courier too if you want to use it. I've a Corsair AX750 and a GTX 460 (soon to be GTX 570 - though no SLI). The Corsair PSUs are quality and the one I have is 80+ Gold too... well worth the extra money when using €300 GPUs

http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/index.pl?level3=&searchString=corsair%20PSU&mfr_uid=&minprice=&maxprice=&show=&itemsperpage=50&keywords=&ordering=price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

cyburger wrote: »
    i5 2500K oc'd
    GTX 570
    8800 gtx for second and third displays
    2 x 4GB DD3 rams
    2 x 10k rpm raptors
    1 x SSD
    2 x optical drives
    1 x Swiftech MCP35X
    4 x high performance 120mm fans

I know 850W is probably too much for this set up, but I do plan to expand in the new year, probably new GPU

If you're happy with what you have then the A-Data PSU would be a great choice.

If you want to SLI 570s then a good 750W unit will do you. If you want to overclock them too, then you'd want to go up to 800W/850W.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

550W would be fine. I'm running my setup from a 700W unit, and even with that I could have gone with a 600W PSU.

My CPU draws 40% more power than yours does.
    My GPU draws about 15% more power than yours.
    I have the same amount of SATA devices, and a pump.
    I have an extra stick of RAM.
    Fans pull feck-all, so they don't count. :P

I'd recommend this one.
    http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/29_PSU/productdetails/10020275/Cooler_Master_Silent_Pro_M600_600_Watt/RS600_AMBAD3_EU/default.aspx

Edit: The A-DATA that Monotype posted is also a great one. It's a Seasonic(?) design originally.

cool, i just don't want to have to replace it again in 18 or 24 months... I'll go with 700 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

asif2011 wrote: »
    Check Lambdatek out they are cheaper than Komplett.ie and have 1-2 day courier too if you want to use it. I've a Corsair AX750 and a GTX 460 (soon to be GTX 570 - though no SLI). The Corsair PSUs are quality and the one I have is 80+ Gold too... well worth the extra money when using €300 GPUs

http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/index.pl?level3=&searchString=corsair%20PSU&mfr_uid=&minprice=&maxprice=&show=&itemsperpage=50&keywords=&ordering=price

Do lambdatek deliver to Ireland now? They didn't a while ago despite having a shipping option, if I recall correctly.
    Serephucus wrote: »

Edit: The A-DATA that Monotype posted is also a great one. It's a Seasonic(?) design originally.

CWT - Same as Corsair's GS and TX lines (except that it's also modular (although corsair also have modular TXs now)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Monotype wrote: »
    Do lambdatek deliver to Ireland now? They didn't a while ago despite having a shipping option, if I recall correctly
    Yes they have 1-3 day shipping by courier. They used to do cheaper 3-5 day shipping but that seems to have gone. I think I payed by credit card for my stuff, no paypal as far as I know.

Advertisement