Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor contract cancelled.

Options
  • 16-11-2011 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I moved by money from aib to ulster bank a couple of months ago and forgot to upgrade my direct debit.My phone was robbed and I hadn't realize the payments hadn't been going through.I got a new phone today and was told when I attempted to use my sim that my contract had been cancelled.I wasn't aware that I had even missed a payment,let alone that my contract was cancelled.I would be more than happy to pay the 90 euro balance on the account but now meteor have told me that the contract can't be continued and that I have a final bill of 390 euro.Also that I cannot move my number and if I don't pay within two months,that my number will be recycled.I literally have no way of paying that much so I have no idea what to do.I'm wondering if anyone has any advice as to if it's possible for them to uncancel the contract and continue billing as before?I realize that it's more fault for not paying better attention, but I never intended to end the contract and there is literally no way I can afford the termination charges.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

I'm araid with meteor there is no way to uncancel an account, and it's their policy that they won't move your number to another sim until the bill is payed, sometimes retention will clear the amount if you agree to sign another contract but with the amount you stated it will be hard as supervisors will need to get involved for approval etc.

In meteors point of view you were the one you didn't pay your bill and they will see its as not their fault (which truthfully it isn't) and as such don't oblige themselves to do anything for you but there is no harm in trying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you were happy with Meteor, could you offer to go into an 18 or 24 month contract if they would waive the cancellation fee. Its a pity they don't have a rep here.:(

Advertisement