Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

obsessive compulsive spartanism

Options
  • 16-11-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Howdy, hope it's okay to post this here but I'm wondering if anyone suffers from or knows somebody who has the condition of 'Obsessive Compulsive Spartanism'? It's the opposite of hoarding, apparently, and I was reading about it in the Irish Times health supplement last Tuesday. My query is for radio research and I would be grateful if anyone can shed further light. Much appreciated!

(by all means pm me if needs be)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Not sure if I would go as far as saying I'm that extreme but it has caused much heartache and sullen moments in my house :D Himself if a self-declared 'sentimalist' (no less than a full blown hoarder by my reckoning) whereas I prefer the non-cluttered, get rid of it as soon as it has fulfilled its use person. I see memories as things in my head as opposed to material things that are attatched to an event that can be kept (oh does this). As soon as I have finished using something, I see fit that it should be thrown out or at least donated so that someone else can enjoy it.

Advertisement