Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Irish success story?

• 16-11-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭

I was a bit curious, and I decided to look up what are the highest ranking English speaking ranking forums world wide

Boards.ie is 20th! Out all the possible English speaking forums that exist. I think thats just brilliant, and I wanted to post it cos I think it's something positive and successful thats Irish!

Here's the link http://rankings.big-boards.com/?filter=vBulletin,EN

So it's not all doom and gloom!

So are there any more Irish success stories, be it Actors, companies, ideas... whatever... cos I'm fecking sick of the "I smell my fart" and "Ireland is Fcuked" type threads that are always appearing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

We're going to Poland and Ukraine......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's probably the best thing that's happened in a while alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

19th really , no one seems to have come in third place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I was a bit curious, and I decided to look up what are the highest ranking English speaking ranking forums world wide

Boards.ie is 20th! Out all the possible English speaking forums that exist. I think thats just brilliant, and I wanted to post it cos I think it's something positive and successful thats Irish!

Here's the link http://rankings.big-boards.com/?filter=vBulletin,EN

So it's not all doom and gloom!

So are there any more Irish success stories, be it Actors, companies, ideas... whatever... cos I'm fecking sick of the "I smell my fart" and "Ireland is Fcuked" type threads that are always appearing!

Only 20th??? More work to do then folks (Christ I sound like Bertie ffs :rolleyes: :mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

I managed to throw a crumpled up piece of paper into a bin on the other side of my office. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Looks like that entire thing was a bunch of made up, random crap. A cruise holiday message board getting more hits/ better reviews than boards.ie?

Also GAIA not making a rating with it's 23 million members?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

9th when ordered by 'posts last week' :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Something Awful is doing great considering the fact it costs ten dollars to join.

It helps that it is one of the best sources of information for just about everything because the users are a very informed bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Something Awful is doing great considering the fact it costs ten dollars to join.

It helps that it is one of the best sources of information for just about everything because the users are a very informed bunch.

Informed/Opinionated

Tomayto/Tomato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I personally have nothing against 'i smell my fart' type threads. Its a noble and highly esteemed past time to be able to take a minute and appreciate the fullness and bouquet of a well rounded arse emission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Guinness

Whiskey, esp Jameson and Tullamore Dew (though I prefer Powers)

Trad music

Irish Pubs even though I hate the sight of them for their oirishness and total kitsch.

And yes I know Guinness (and probably Jameson and TD) is owned by a foreign company but its still a success.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Instead of them coming to us for a change! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

squod wrote: »
    Also GAIA not making a rating with it's 23 million members?

Boards.ie only comes in 20th in the list of vBulletin forums. If you remove that filter Gaia is at the top and boards.ie is .. not in the top 20 anyway.

edit: number 33, I didn't have to click through too many pages to find it after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

RachaelVO wrote: »

THE REPUBLIC has the most acute heroin problem in Europe and is also ranked in the top three European countries for drug-related deaths, according to new European Commission research.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1116/1224307641016.html

Whooooo........ Ireland....... Fuck yah

Meanwhile in Portugal and Holland.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Scotland ,NI and Wales aren't and if we play and beat England again then even better :)

Advertisement