Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Arc problem

Options
  • 16-11-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi emobile reps,

I joined emobile from o2 last week (at the Stephens Green store).

Coverage is generally ok but I'm having problems with the handset - an SE Experia Arc.

Now, all seemed well initially but now the phone is resetting and restarting itself four or five times a day. Sometimes when in use but mostly as it sits untouched beside my monitor.

I looked it up online and it appears to be an endemic issue with the handset.

This is a deal breaker for me - if you do not see it in the act of resetting you are none the wiser cos it powers back on and then goes dark. However, it is off network because you need to unlock it then re-enter your pin sim to bring it back online.

So, I suppose I'd like to know what my options are: can I return it to ye and buy a Samsung S2 instead?

Grateful for advice asap.

Quad_red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Gone again. That's twice in the last hour.

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

quad_red wrote: »
    Gone again. That's twice in the last hour.

Hi Quad Red,

The best course of action here in this instance is to bring this phone back to the point of sale (in this case the store).

They will be able to identify the issue and advise further on this. We do offer a repair facility however I can't advise if that would be necessary at this stage without seeing the phone.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I am sure the guys instore can be quite helpful. But to reiterate, this appears to be a known issue http://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1C1PRFA_enIE435IE435&gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=sony+arc+random+restarting

What I'm asking is this: it's less than 7 days since I signed the contract. Is there a period in which I can return the handset? As I said, I am not trying to get out of my contract. But this kind of serious bug is a deal breaker for me.

The handset is perfect and I have all the accessories etc. and I am happy to pay the difference to get the S2.

Grateful for advice.
    Quad

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I am sure the guys instore can be quite helpful. But to reiterate, this appears to be a known issue http://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1C1PRFA_enIE435IE435&gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=sony+arc+random+restarting

What I'm asking is this: it's less than 7 days since I signed the contract. Is there a period in which I can return the handset? As I said, I am not trying to get out of my contract. But this kind of serious bug is a deal breaker for me.

The handset is perfect and I have all the accessories etc. and I am happy to pay the difference to get the S2.

Grateful for advice.
    Quad

Hi Quad,

This is a bit of quandry here, as the handset is the one signed to with the contract; so if you are within the first 28 days of the contract and there is a problem we can exchange it out for a new version of that handset but not a different phone as we cannot offer another phone at the subsidised price .

Over on the site we have the following:
    If you purchased your device in store:
    If you purchased in store within the last 14 days you can return the phone to your local eMobile store. You will be credited with a full refund when all parts are returned to us in proper condition and have not been used in any way. You will need your receipt from your purchase.

If you bring the phone in with the receipt and explain to the manager the issues you have with the phone they should be able to assist further.

Unfortunately there isn't too much I can do from here, but if they need confirmation that you have discussed this with a member of staff previously you can direct them to this thread here.

If you need anything else at all from me let me know.

-Steve

Advertisement