Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC tuition fees

• 16-11-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Does anyone know how much UCC tuition fees are? Im considering dropping out of my course and need to know for applying for next year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

It all depends on the course you are doing. The list can be found here

http://www.ucc.ie/en/financeoffice/fees/FeesSchedule20112012/

The fees will change next year as they do every year, but it's a good start point for roughly how much they will be.

There is also a cut off date for dropping out, can't remember what it is but I think it's somewhere in December. If you drop out before then you only pay half fees the year you come back. If you drop out after it then it's full fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RC92

Ok thanks for the reply, yeah i thinks its jan 31st!

It all depends on the course you are doing. The list can be found here

http://www.ucc.ie/en/financeoffice/fees/FeesSchedule20112012/

The fees will change next year as they do every year, but it's a good start point for roughly how much they will be.

There is also a cut off date for dropping out, can't remember what it is but I think it's somewhere in December. If you drop out before then you only pay half fees the year you come back. If you drop out after it then it's full fees.

Not the right section but do you know where i could find the tuition fees for cit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

This is all I could find on the website:
    Tuition fees at CIT are covered by the terms of a government scheme under which the State pays the tuition fees of full-time, non-repeat undergraduate students (from Ireland and the EU) who are not graduates. Accordingly, no tuition fees are payable, except by certain categories of students such as Non-EU students, students taking a second undergraduate course or those taking a year of a course for the second time. Details of tuition fees payable are available from the Accounts Office, CIT.

The Accounts payable office number is (021) 432 6459/6821

Ok so another question, What will happen with my grant next year? Lets say i drop out this year and apply for the cao again get my course ect. Would i still qualify for a grant? i got the full one this year.

• Advertisement

>?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

No - you cant get the grant twice for the same year, so if you've got it in full for a first year you wont get it again until second year of another course. However since theyre paid in 3 instalments then if you drop out before the remaining 1 or 2 instalments you'll get those when you join your new course.

ok nice, do you know when the second one is due?

So another question, lets say i get the grant installment what happens when i apply for the dole?

Ive dropped out, where do i ring to stop the grant payments? Any info would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Not a very helpful forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gleesoneoin

ring the fees office in the left wing, or the maintenance grant office in the north wing. they´ll tell you the story. be sure to get written confimation of your decision to drop-out, you probably signed something, photocopy whatever you signed as proof for next year. my brother got caught out this year with full fees in UL afer dropping out of UCC last year.
    slan anois

Advertisement