Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Eye Cream

• 16-11-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Could anyone recommend a good eye cream for dry/sensitive skin???

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I was about to buy an eye cream for 30euro, the origins one cos I'd heard such good things about it. Never used eye cream before. Then I read this and decided not to bother. I picked up a boots botanics gel thing cos it said it gets rid of puffiness (6euro). Used that until puffiness went away and now I'm just using a tiny bit of my normal moisturiser. Just some food for thought.

http://skincare.about.com/od/extraskincaresteps/a/SkipEyeCream.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Vichy do some lovely eye creams, as do Dermalogica.

Dependant on how much you want to spend and what issues you are trying to address, you will be able to pick up something to cover all bases like puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. Make sure theres an SPF in there too!

Ive used eye cream since I was early 20s and I have no lines around my eyes now at 33 (even with me being a smoker ;) )

The consistency of eye cream is a lot lighter than normal moisturiser and using normal cream around the eyes may result in milia (tiny little white bumps) You get this on face as well sometimes from using any cream that is too heavy or rich for your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

http://www.superdrug.com/eye-creams/natural-high-brightening-eye-cream/invt/379794/&bklist=

I use this and find it good. I was using Elizabeth Arden eye capsules, but found them too rich or too oily or something. This cream is much better, and much cheaper too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Boots has one, from their vitamin e range and contains spf15 (v important esp around the eyes), it's really good, sinks in well and less than €6.
    If you go get it I don't recommend the face moisturiser, it's really greasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

The skin around my eyes seems to have gotten super dry lately, my concealer is going manky, like that sleep stuff all the time, and my eyes feel really uncomfortable and tight.

Any suggestions for a super eye cream that isseriously hydrating? I do use an eye cream but need something more hydrating atm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I find the Bobby Brown one good. I use it at night to get the best out of it.

Any idea for one with an SPF? (preferably not boots)

I've used the bobbi brown one and didn't find it great. I'm really looking for a huge amount of hydration.

For eye creams with spf i've heard origin, la roche posay hydraphase and elizabether arden prevage recommended. Hear of a guerlain one thats the biz but don't know the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 discoshaz

kandr10 wrote: »
    I was about to buy an eye cream for 30euro, the origins one cos I'd heard such good things about it.

http://skincare.about.com/od/extraskincaresteps/a/SkipEyeCream.htm

Thanks for that, only in town the other day looking at the origins eyecream myself. Thought it a little pricey though so didnt get it. Read the link you posted, makes alot of sense and does give you something to think about. Eye cream is probably something that could be skipped once you are using a correct mosituriser for your skin.

thanks for the help...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 discoshaz

Jennypops wrote: »
    Vichy do some lovely eye creams, as do Dermalogica.

Dependant on how much you want to spend and what issues you are trying to address, you will be able to pick up something to cover all bases like puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. Make sure theres an SPF in there too!

Ive used eye cream since I was early 20s and I have no lines around my eyes now at 33 (even with me being a smoker ;) )

thanks for that, im 28 now hope im not leaving it to late.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

slowmoe wrote: »
    The skin around my eyes seems to have gotten super dry lately, my concealer is going manky, like that sleep stuff all the time, and my eyes feel really uncomfortable and tight.

Any suggestions for a super eye cream that isseriously hydrating? I do use an eye cream but need something more hydrating atm

Do you just experience the dryness when wearing concealer? Maybe a dumb question just it might be the concealer that's dry rather than your eyes.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply!!! I've had this for about the last three weeks, it feels like i've een rying all night, the skin around my eyes is sore and tight and feels a bit stretched and like it could tear in a crepey paper kind of way. I was using a mac concealer but i've left that now and its improved somewhat but still uncomfortable

Advertisement