Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superser heater parts

• 16-11-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've an old Superser heater I use in the shed when needed but the switch has gone.

Anybody know a place which sells parts for these?

I can't find one anywhere!

Galway pref but online even better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

If by switch you mean piezo igniter then you'll get one from Heatmerchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Not sure,

The whole unit really. ..

181868.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Bin it!!! un economical to repair.

beginning to think the same

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Komeara

What did u do with the superser? Need a part ASAP. Kate

• Advertisement

still have it. in same boat as you, waiting to find one to get a part

Ok. I borrowed one from my aunt, and lost a piece from th bottom, she's going mad cos 'twas a wedding present....... Let me know if you find one and I will do same, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Has anyone bought a new superser within the last year that posts here? I was thinking of buying something like this...
    http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=8835&loc=P&catid=103.4.11

My family had one when I was small and all I can remember is that the place stank when it was on. Are they still as bad does anyone know? I would probably only have mine on for an hour a day. How long would a cylinder of gas last in this scenario, and after the heater is switched off would the room stay warm for a while after that? Also how much is a cylinder of gas these days (with and without a return cylinder, I have none obviously yet). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone bought a new superser within the last year that posts here? I was thinking of buying something like this...
    http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=8835&loc=P&catid=103.4.11

My family had one when I was small and all I can remember is that the place stank when it was on. Are they still as bad does anyone know? I would probably only have mine on for an hour a day. How long would a cylinder of gas last in this scenario, and after the heater is switched off would the room stay warm for a while after that? Also how much is a cylinder of gas these days (with and without a return cylinder, I have none obviously yet). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

My superser was v smelly & v old. But the new ones couldn't be, gas is so dangerous. A cylinder could last you 3/4 weeks with conservative use. I just used it to warm up bedroom whilst my heating was out. I think it kept the room marginally warm for maybe 3/4s of an hour after turning it off.
    You have to have an empty cylinder to get a full one;€30 here in Tipperary, i imagine twould be v expensive otherwise. You may know someone with a empty one or pick one up on here or other local sites.

Hope this helps somewhat. K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Komeara wrote: »
    Hi!

My superser was v smelly & v old. But the new ones couldn't be, gas is so dangerous. A cylinder could last you 3/4 weeks with conservative use. I just used it to warm up bedroom whilst my heating was out. I think it kept the room marginally warm for maybe 3/4s of an hour after turning it off.
    You have to have an empty cylinder to get a full one;€30 here in Tipperary, i imagine twould be v expensive otherwise. You may know someone with a empty one or pick one up on here or other local sites.

Hope this helps somewhat. K

Thanks, I'll chance it, my radiators are on timers that I don't have access to where I rent so would only need it for an hour during the day really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement