Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm cinemas - Limerick

Options
  • 16-11-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

A friend was trying to book tickets (on Saturday) for a movie on Sunday. They filled in all the details and clicked confirm the web page sat there for over half an hour with the timer going round and round. Checked the email account and there was no confirmation email. At this stage I was called in and we killed the first page and tried again. The same thing happened and no confirmation email was recieved at the time. The tickets were then booked over the phone and we got a confirmation number however on arrival at the cinema they couldn't find the booking and so my friend paid for new tickets there and then.
    She has just contacted me to say the two web attempts and the phone booking have been taken from her bank account. She has now paid the cinema four times! Has anyone had dealings with Storm cinemas, are they resonable to deal with? Or has anyone else had a similar experience with this company?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Go in and speak with the manager in store, and they should sort you out. You will need proof of the transactions.

Your friend shouldn't have paid there and then, you should have gotten them to ensure there were no bookings by that name/booking number, then asked for a manager just to confirm that if there was any issues then just bring in a bank statement to prove there was a problem. Then once the guarantee is there, then pay. It just makes the process easier.

Unfortunately problems like this are known to happen quite regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Unfortunately problems like this are known to happen quite regularly.

That's another thing I was curious about does this happen so often that it is suspicous?
    They said they couldn't locate the booking reference that was given over the phone but the same booking was quick enough to whip the money out of the bank account.

Advertisement