Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry Curve 8520

Options
  • 16-11-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi

I bought a BlackBerry Curve 8520 from The Phone Store, which I unblocked to allow the use of my meteor sim (It's 30 Euro's cheaper in Vodafone by the way!).

The phone is pay as you go and after trying to set up the WiFi it will not allow me to browse. The connection is set up with my home network, but again when I try to connect with google the phone won't let me.

I phoned meteor who informed me I needed a BlackBerry Service Plan to access the internet through WiFi for a cost of 10 euro a month (and this is the case for all BlackBerry Phones).

Surely I'm not being charged to use a service I'm already paying for!

Does anyone know anything about this and if I can connect to the internet without having to pay this 10 Euro charge.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There correct, you need BIS (blackberry internet services) to use a blackberry properly. You need to stump up the €10pm or move to a different phone. Blackberry is the only phone with this kind of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

If op were to get the data plan once, hence downloading all wifi settings/books etc would this not allow him/her to use wifi next month without buying again as settings now on the phone (?):confused:

Am clueless on BB 's though so could be way off...:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭usher1890

There correct, you need BIS (blackberry internet services) to use a blackberry properly. You need to stump up the €10pm or move to a different phone. Blackberry is the only phone with this kind of charge.

That's fair enough, but the phone was bought two days ago, that's a bit unrealistic. Plus the seller should of clearly stated it would be an extra 10 euro a month when I asked them about the WiFi. Otherwise, I would of bought a different phone.

Advertisement