Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spooning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

is spooning while in a threesome called the little spoon > big spoon > big wooden spoon?

im assuming the guy is the wooden spoon - hard and stiff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm calling bull**** (again) on this little/big spoon rubbish. Spooning is called that after the way spoons of the same size fit together in a drawer. If you try store a teaspoon and a tablespoon like this it just doesn't work.

No, it doesn't work at all with same sizes.

But, it works incredibly well when you have a big warm sexy man all wrapped up tightly around you from behind ... it's the bestest feeling in the world. :o Just amazing! :)

I have to admit, I do try being the big spoon sometimes (not at his request!) It just doesn't work right, I'm tiny behind him, I don't think he even notices when I try it! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

No, it doesn't work at all with same sizes.

But, it works incredibly well when you have a big warm sexy man all wrapped up tightly around you from behind ... it's the bestest feeling in the world. :o Just amazing! :)

It's great when you actually manage to find a comfortable position, like where you know his arm isn't going to go dead - usually with the help of a pillow. The solution is head on pillow + neckspace = perfect arm space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

It's great when you actually manage to find a comfortable position, like where you know his arm isn't going to go dead - usually with the help of a pillow. The solution is head on pillow + neckspace = perfect arm space.

Meah I dunno how he does it - but he rarely complains about a dead arm or about hair tickling his face etc - so I reckon he's mastered the art of being the big spoon! :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Meah I dunno how he does it - but he rarely complains about a dead arm or about hair tickling his face etc - so I reckon he's mastered the art of being the big spoon! :cool: :cool:

Its easy being the big spoon when you're a big guy. Pull in petite girl, wrap arm around her, kiss on neck and sleep*.

*and possible biting during the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Its easy being the big spoon when you're a big guy. Pull in petite girl, wrap arm around her, kiss on neck and sleep*.

*and possible biting during the night

But what about the other arm? What do you do with the lower arm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

How so Joe wrote: »

Thats for scratching your nuts

D1stant wrote: »
    Thats for scratching your nuts

or flicking her bean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

or flicking her bean ;)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Spooning is the best. I'm a small lady and I've been the big spoon plenty of times, it's really more of a backpack effect than a true spooning effect though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I hate spooning, I'll only agree to it if I want something out of it. Love the breath on my neck..

I'm more of a head on his chest kind of girl but my leg has to be around his waist, otherwise its not comfortable.

I don't really 'get' the whole cuddle thing, I like my own space, sprawled out all over the bed so he's normally squished in at the wall.

If he ever asked to be little spoon I'd laugh at him...then kick him out of my bed until he located his balls

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

How so Joe wrote: »

Most blokes rest her head on one arm and you wrap their second arm around her. As high or low as you want (she'll let you).

syndeyfife wrote: »
    If he ever asked to be little spoon I'd laugh at him...then kick him out of my bed until he located his balls

But what if he wants his belly rubbed? :mad:

I hate spooning, I'll only agree to it if I want something out of it. Love the breath on my neck..

I'm more of a head on his chest kind of girl but my leg has to be around his waist, otherwise its not comfortable.

I don't really 'get' the whole cuddle thing, I like my own space, sprawled out all over the bed so he's normally squished in at the wall.

i like the girl with head on my chest and leg over waist too... but after a while i like to sprawl out too usually when ive gotten too hot hehe.

FOr his period pains? :P

• Advertisement

no but if ya rubbed him a few inches lower im sure you could make his mood change for the better ;)

no but if ya rubbed him a few inches lower im sure you could make his mood change for the better ;)[/Quote]

If he was looking for a spoon in the first place he'd be feeling fairly brave, and he wouldn't have to ask for a belly rub to get a rub ;) too early for innuendo...

Yes yes, in your end o...before someone says it!!

No cause he ate too much meat. Those steakhouse challenges are too tempting :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Spooning leads to forking....

I have the t-shirt.

Darn it! Now I miss spooning. :( A pox on whoever resurrected this thread.

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Dave0301 wrote: »
    Spooning leads to forking....

I have the t-shirt.

Darn it! Now I miss spooning. :( A pox on whoever resurrected this thread.

That's the only reason I'd consider a good old spoon. Not being able to move, getting hot and sweaty for cuddles thanks to a human radiator doesn't appeal to me. Unless I get a fork after...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Don't mind spooning, hate falling asleep doing it, woke up the other night in a ball of sweat, wasn't 100% sure I didn't piss myself, had to push her to the other side of the bed, then I had to lie outside the covers too cool down. Woke up at6am shivering, later she is talking bout the great nights sleep she got :mad:

Anyways my favourite part of spooning is using her arse as a snooker rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35078612/The-Cuddle-Sutra

I would take it as a bad sign if my oh only wanted to be big spoon. It would be a weird relationship for me. Variety is best. I'm considering purchasing this book to experiment a little. :cool: Because I'm a sexy bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

When spooning I can't resist teasing the ladys neck or ears so it nearly always leads to forking...dammit being single sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Cuddle-sutra? That's flippin adorable!

bronte wrote: »
    Cuddle-sutra? That's flippin adorable!

Turns out I had a whole different idea as to what forking means....turns out its a type of innocent cuddle :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

Shhhhhhhhhh.
    The men-folk will cop on and use it as bait to lure the ladies into their love-lair.

'Twould surely melt your heart.
    I read it in a bookshop with my husband and with all the "awwwws" out of us we attracted some funny looks. Then people saw what we were reading and presumably came to the conclusion that we didn't have a very interesting sex life. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Coffeeteasugar

Bah humbug, I want to be spooned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Bah humbug, I want to be spooned.

You username is crying out for it too!!!!!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

whatislife wrote: »
    i love a spoon but always pitch a tent. so whenever i am the big spoon, i have to tuck the little fella in the strap of the boxers so it won't be poking her :o

why do you do that? how will she know you wanna stuff her with it? if you leave it out and proud i can guarantee a huge increase in sexy time.... try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

My fella nearly ALWAYS insists on being the small spoon... it makes me sad. A girl wants to feel the morning treat... you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

insisting on the small spoon position might be his way of covering up the morning surprise.......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Why would you want to hide it though? :confused:

I was talking to my friend about spooning, and said the most unfunny joke ever....thought I'd share lol

I was lying in bed last night spooning my boyfriend. He tried to fork me..so I knifed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

I somehow get the feeling he would have to ask you for permission to retrieve them from your purse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I love spooning! Big or little spoon is good for me, I'm not selfish! :D

I somehow get the feeling he would have to ask you for permission to retrieve them from your purse.

Mouth more like :)

Not into cuddly crap, or men being sensitive in any way shape or form....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Mouth more like :)

Not into cuddly crap, or men being sensitive in any way shape or form....

:D:D:D

I can't sleep, I'd love a big spoon to snuggle into!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I can't sleep, I'd love a big spoon to snuggle into!
    You need one of these http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/110929_4minute_sohyun_boyfriend_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

For all your spooning needs. Meet the spooning bed. No more dead arms! :D

tumblr_lpl6oczI0N1qjwbygo1_500.png

It's not the same :(
    you could spoon it, just not fork it.

Have you slept yet? :D

smash wrote: »
    you could spoon it, just not fork it.

Have you slept yet? :D

I can't really fork anything......ya know!

I've slept for about three hours on and off. Ugh.

I can't really fork anything......ya know!
    Hmmmm
    /suspicious
    I've slept for about three hours on and off. Ugh.
    the joys of holidays and trying to wind down :D

• Advertisement

Put an ad on plenty of fish - "looking for a good spooning"

For all your spooning needs. Meet the spooning bed. No more dead arms! :D

tumblr_lpl6oczI0N1qjwbygo1_500.png

Small print: big spoon not included. I think, therefore, that "all your spooning needs" is infact false advertising.

smash wrote: »
    Hmmmm
    /suspicious

I simply don't have forking equipment. I can be forked, but I cannot be the fork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Small print: big spoon not included. I think, therefore, that "all your spooning needs" is infact false advertising.

I see no such small print. I do believe I am currently available for spooning, therefore (whether I'm wanted or not) the advertising is perfectly legitimate. ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

There is nothing worse than spooning somebody after they have shit themselves and forgotten to tell you. Nightmare

There is nothing worse than spooning somebody after they have shit themselves and forgotten to tell you. Nightmare

"Why is there all savory mince in the bed... wait a minute.."

• Advertisement
Advertisement