Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Trademark ...is it really worth anything?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I would like to register a trademark under 1 or 2 NICE classifications with the Irish Patent office but is just having an Irish Trademark worth anything ? Does it offer me any protection against someone registering a community or worldwide trademark?

I may have these figures wrong but to get an Irish TM costs €70 and a further €125 if successful, a community TM costs €900.

Any advice gladly accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Rather than asking randomly, I really would suggest to call their office in Kilkenny and speak to a certified person or even better drive down/up and organize a meeting. I have dealt with them on several occasion and they were always very helpful. Good luck Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you only want to trade in Ireland, it is as good as any of the others. If you plan to trade beyond Ireland, then you need to be thinking about the CTM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭usainbolt

Thanks for the reply antoinolachtnai, I would plan to trade beyond Ireland especially in the UK so I may register it in the UK.

Advertisement