Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting From Dunshaughlin to Ballsbridge in Dublin

Options
  • 16-11-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey Guys.

How handy is it to get from Dunshaughlin in Meath, to Dublin City, Ballsbridge to be precise. I'm from galway and got a new job here, but I have to spend three months in dublin for training. Some friends offered to put me up in Dunshaughlin, but is it too far and awkward to get to dublin city from there.

I dont have a car, so I'd be relying on public transport. Do dublin bus or the DART operate that far? Or would I be better off getting a place in dublin? What are the odds I'd get a place in dublin for 3 months?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I don't know anything about Dunshaughlin (other than the fact that the DART doesn't go anywhere near it) but if you want to do a 3 month rental, check out daft.ie. There is a section there for short term lets. They are more expensive than a renting for a longer time frame, but bills such as ESB, bin collection, internet, telly, gas etc etc are normally included in the rent, so at least you won't have to worry about paying those bills, or even starting up accounts with them in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

OP the BusEirann no. 109 service from Dunshaughlin is excellent, though it's 40 minutes or so into Busaras. I'd say it's a blimmin nuisance getting from there to Ballsbridge in the rush hour though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I leave Dunshaughlin @ 6:45 most mornings driving to Donnybrook, takes about 50 minutes.First bus leaves Dunshaughlin @ 6:30 ish? to O'connell street,you will have to get the bus from there to Ballsbrige, not sure on the number though. Maybe your better of posting this over on the Meath Region..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

M3 parkway is just down the road from Dunshaughlin, could cycle down to it and leave bike at station. Change at Clonsilla and DART from Connolly.

The 109 also to Busaras, hop across the road and get the DART from Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep, Busaras is just across the street from Connolly Station. Grand Canal Dock, Landsdowne Rd or Sydney Parade will be your DART stops, depending on where in Ballsbridge you are going. The #4 and # 7 buses (and many others) go to Ballsbridge. O'Connell St (a 10 minute walk away) is your nearest stop, but Connolly Station is nearer overall, so the Dart would probably be handier for you.

Ballsbridge is not a million miles away from Busaras. If your training venue is closer to the Grand Canal Dock/Landsdowne Rd/Ringsend part of Ballsbridge, you could probably walk to it in about 20 minutes from Busaras, which means you avoid having to leg it to bus stops or wait for the DART. However, if it is towards the Donnybrook/Sandymount/Merrion Gates part of Ballsbridge, you'd probably be better taking the bus or the DART.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 lolfulbanter

Cheers for all the replies guys. Really appreciate it. I'm thinking I may have to leave out the Dunshauglin idea and just get a house in dublin for the 3 months. Was looking at daft.ie and came across some that were good value (I think).

I dont know dublin that well. What post codes would be reasonably near to ballsbridge? I know Dublin 6 is pretty close, because thats Ranelagh and around there. Any other reasonably priced areas do ye think guys? Even if I had to go a bit out of town and get two busses I wouldnt really mind. Oh, I'll be training in Merrion road. Near the RDS. If ye can, post me yere opinions. I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Ringsend - a short bus ride or bracing walk to both Ballsbridge and city centre.

Advertisement