Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines

Options
  • 16-11-2011 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi-

Anyone know what Grove Road area of Rathmines is like? Is it loud? Is it safe? etc etc

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I lived in Grove Park for 4years which is just behind Grove Road (the canal road) I found it safe to live on but did find it very noisy I'm not the best of sleepers and at night time regardless of the night there was always someone shouting their head off, cars speeding oh and the ambulances with sirens going to and from James St.

There is also a music school in Grove Park and you can hear them practising their instruments all day also around 3pm when the parents where collecting the kids the noise level shot up and if you where trying to get up or down the road - walking- I always found the parents very rude

I was at college when I moved in there and when I left I was working full time and if you need a good nights sleep then I'd say no but if you can sleep through a nuclear bomb then go for it

Rathmines is a great area to live in, its very safe and homely, a nice walking distance into town and a huge amount of amenities

I also lived on Upper Rathmines Road and although the flat was a **** hole it was so much quieter and I preferred it to Grove Park.

The town centre is also a great place to live especially if you live inside the complex and not in the apartments looking over rathmines road - tramco can be a nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭vangough

Thanks Edellc! I'm hoping the music school wont affect the apartment on Grove Rd as it is closer to the harolds cross end. Actually it is right next to the school. As long as it's safe? Also I'm not sure will the noise affect this apartment as its at opposite end of the lower rathmines rd? I really like the apartment but dont want to live near scum or have noisy neighbours! Any more advice would be great!

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 OKeeffer

No. 41 Grove Park used to be home to Irvine Welsh, writer of Trainspotting.

Pretty quiet roads.....great location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭vangough

Excellent thanks for the info! Gona be signing a year long lease so want to make sure that I am living in a safe and reasonably quiet area of town. Dont want to be living next to scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phili_g

I live in the new Grove House apartments in between the army barracks and council flats, it's a great spot, haven't seen any hassle in over two years I've been here.

It's pretty quiet, all around the Harolds Cross side of Grove Road and back into Harolds Cross Cottages are totally fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement