Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The South is mod-less.

Options
  • 16-11-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

People could be getting up to all sorts of mischief!

...if you know this already disregard.

(The South)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'm sure there are Cat Mods if no mods on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Yeah, cat mods but no mod for the forum itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Someones angling for a modship.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Yeah, cat mods but no mod for the forum itself.

Well I'm sure the cmod is aware so and there could be a very good reason for absence. Mods are volunteers. They can't be here all the time.

Just be good and there won't be a problem :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Is this something to do with the new Cork passports? Maybe their posts are being stopped at the border seeing as boards is in the actual capital.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I was actually going to start a thread on this. I think the actualy south forum is pointless as nobody posts in it. People go for Kerry forum or Cork.

I have seen posts in there for days unanswered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

+1

It's a bit of a limbo in there.

The North West parent forum has been set up so you can only post in its sub-fora. I think it would be better if South was made the same as that. Where people need to talk to Cork City, Cork County, and Kerry as a whole then they should be allowed to cross-post with mod consent. It wouldn't happen that often, I'd say. As it stands now few people will see their thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I believe forums such as South/North/West/etc. etc. are only setup to stop there being 30 something foums in a list for region, in the Mid-West posters only post in the sub-forums, if there's threads started in the "parent" forum we tend to move them to a more relevant area.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Clareman wrote: »
    I believe forums such as South/North/West/etc. etc. are only setup to stop there being 30 something foums in a list for region, in the Mid-West posters only post in the sub-forums, if there's threads started in the "parent" forum we tend to move them to a more relevant area.

If that was how the Cork/Kerry mods wanted to approach it, all that would be needed is for one of them to be upgraded to South Mod and they could act as care-taker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

A request to the Admin has been already made for a South mod and a candidate nominated. In the meantime, both Mr Magnolia and I are reviewing any reports that may occur in South.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I was actually going to start a thread on this. I think the actualy south forum is pointless as nobody posts in it. People go for Kerry forum or Cork.

I have seen posts in there for days unanswered.

Same with the south east forum.

Advertisement