Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants to do Primary Teaching in 2012?

• 16-11-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi! just wondering are many people thinking of putting primary teaching down on the CAO and will it be your first choice or what?!
    also which college are you putting first? (Pats, Mary I, Froebel, Marino..)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

I'm thinking of do it. I'm gonna put down Mary I seeing as I live in Cork.
    I asked what the guidance Councillor thought about going to Dublin and he said it would just make more sense to put down Mary I for a Cork person.
    Also they have a wonderful campus :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Mary I is my number one, pretty confident I'll get it. I'll probably throw down St Pats and Marino second and third. I'm going to leave it at that and if I don't get my first three I'll just go for something else (maybe arts) A fellow Cork person hoping to go to Mary I is always good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

After actuarial maths its the next thing on my list :) mary I all the way :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

After actuarial maths its the next thing on my list :) mary I all the way :D

wow, actuarial maths, what points are you hoping for and what are you hoping for in maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

smurphy11 wrote: »
    wow, actuarial maths, what points are you hoping for and what are you hoping for in maths?

em 560/70 ish hopefully :o and hopefully B1 and upwards in honours maths :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I'm thinking of putting it down aswell. Mary I as number one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Mary I hopefully :) Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I'm thinking about putting it down, not 100% sure. It'd be Pats or Marino if I was to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

all the colleges are 4 year courses now aren't they (well from 2012 onwards) and the courses are gonna be the same in each :)

so annoyed though, i'm repeating this year and i got 440 points so i didn't get enough but people from the gaeltacht got the course with 425 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

xclw wrote: »
    all the colleges are 4 year courses now aren't they (well from 2012 onwards) and the courses are gonna be the same in each :)

so annoyed though, i'm repeating this year and i got 440 points so i didn't get enough but people from the gaeltacht got the course with 425 points!

4 years? :confused:Where'd you hear that from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

M&S* wrote: »
    4 years? :confused:Where'd you hear that from?

the open days, it used to just be marino and froebel that were 4 year meaning you could go international with those degrees, but now mary i and pats are changing their courses to be the same, you also don't do the BA arts subject in pats or mary i from 2012 onwards

Advertisement