Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Stop on Dominick Street

Options
  • 16-11-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I was walking on Dominick Street and was asked about the frequency of buses by a person waiting at the bus stop. I said that I didn't know.

That got me thinking. What bus route is it? The bus stop is more-or-less opposite Cava Restaurant therefore exiting the city centre. . Years ago, all buses to Salthill stopped there but were rerouted following the pedestrianisation of Shop Street.

The bus stop is a Bus Eireann one.

Maybe that person is still waiting....!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I was walking on Dominick Street and was asked about the frequency of buses by a person waiting at the bus stop. I said that I didn't know.

That got me thinking. What bus route is it? The bus stop is more-or-less opposite Cava Restaurant therefore exiting the city centre. . Years ago, all buses to Salthill stopped there but were rerouted following the pedestrianisation of Shop Street.

The bus stop is a Bus Eireann one.

Maybe that person is still waiting....!
    Id say they forgot it was left there. The only buses that operate within the city centre i.e Dominick St,Cross St, Market St are the City Direct ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Id say they forgot it was left there. The only buses that operate within the city centre i.e Dominick St,Cross St, Market St are the City Direct ones.

Might be new, cannot see it on Google Street view...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

City Direct come in from Knocknacarra through lower dominick street but go back out past the docks, across the bridge, up ravens terrace and through upper dominick street. No bus goes from eyre square through lower dominick street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Might be new, cannot see it on Google Street view...

Nah, it's very old. Just a sign, it's quite rusty. Def a leftover from whenever buses last ran down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The bus stop is actually attached to the building. It is not on a pole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Yeah. As are a few.

Think this one is defunct though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Saw it yesterday while driving, hard to imagine that a bus could make it down that street.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

I used to get the number 4 Bus Eireann bus from Newcastle to GMIT in the mornings and it stopped at Dominick street, after coming from Mill street and the likes. Pretty sure it's still in use.

Advertisement