Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dott from eastenders.

• 16-11-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

watchin come dine with me now and she popped in for a surprise, fag in hand.

I am amazed she is actually alive, wouldnt be the least bit surprised if she smokes in her sleep.

is she still acting even? havin said that she is a very good acresss, dont watch that show at all but have seen it a few times and she always put on solid performances.

*lights up ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You know, smoking doesn't actually kill you. It just lowers your odds a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

She's only 46

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That Come Dine With Me is a few years old I think, the one with D.I. Burnside from THe Bill in it (I used to think he was so cool til i saw him making Prawn Cocktail :( :P)

Btw I don't watch Come Dine With Me, just errrr, happened to be ehhh, flicking around :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

hmmm wonder does she still know that she's acting in a soap when she's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dotrel wrote: »
    RIP

I actually thought that's what the thread was going to be about before I clicked on it.

Let's have a RIP thread for her anyway.. sure you can't appreciate it when you're dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

Ya still would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Goodnight sweet princess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

If Dot died what would they do with poor oul Jim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The actress actually DJ's - google it, it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Why people watch soaps is beyond me (I am an automaton devoid of all human emotion though I suppose)

My reason for not watching them is simple.....I watch television/DVDs/play games etc to escape from either the hellish reality of the world I live in or the unfailing monotony and banality of the situations I find myself in from day to day

so do people watch soaps because

1) they live just incredibly intersting/stimulating fast paced lives and they type of fcukwittery/ dreariness of everyday life spiced up with a little extra adultery or an occasional implausible murder seen on a typical soap is a break for the norm for them.....

2) there is comedy value in the hilariously bad acting to be found in the likes of Fair City for example

3) they have limited imaginations and find it comforting to be presented with an almost everyday life scenario on a regular basis

4) they dont get enough of banal boring everyday sh1te in their everyday life and just cant wait to see what Meg in the Cafe or mick down the old nags head or whatever the fcuk its called whose cheating on his wife will do tonight etc

I am prepared to admit to enjoying either the bold and the beautiful or the young and the restless (not sure which it was) when I stayed home from college occasionally back in the day...mostly the comedy value of the (to me at least) hilarious paranoid soliloquys some of the characters used to have....eg: "omg its belinda...I wonder if she knows I impregnated myself with a spatula that had some of her boyfriend chad's sperm on it?" etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well I'd be intelligent, intellectual, whatever, and up to a few years ago I used to watch soaps regularly. I dunno - you just get suckered into the storylines, silly and all as they can be. Sometimes they're good though, with reasonable writing/acting. I don't watch them anymore now though, bar the occasional episode, as they've become too far fetched all together due to ratings wars.

Lol at people who talk about the characters as if they're real people though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

She's not still going is she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Dudess wrote: »
    Well I'd be intelligent, intellectual, whatever, and up to a few years at I used to watch soaps regularly. I dunno - you just get suckered into the storylines, silly and all as the can be. Sometimes they're good though, with reasonable writing/acting. I don't watch them anymore now though, bar the occasional episode, as they've too far fetched all together due to ratings wars.

that's interesting though.....you actually don't like them becoming too far fetched....you'd prefer them to mirror reality, at least to a certain degree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

dont watch it so no idea

any episode i did see that eejit max was still bitching (and f***king) that blonde woman.

some stupid show would drive you bananas

now my show is ....(cant name at risk of spoilers..)

none of this soap ballix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

watchin come dine with me now and she popped in for a surprise, fag in hand.

I am amazed she is actually alive, wouldnt be the least bit surprised if she smokes in her sleep.

is she still acting even? havin said that she is a very good acresss, dont watch that show at all but have seen it a few times and she always put on solid performances.

*lights up ..

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement