Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Stolen

• 16-11-2011 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

We had a break in at my place of work last night and 2 laptops were stolen. One was a grey latitude E5510 and the other was a Toshiba (not sure of model). Both should / will have the power cables with them. If anyone is offered anything like this for a quick sale can you please PM me.

The Gardai are also investigating but I would not hold out much hope.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Chriky, did you report it to the Data Protection Office if customer data was on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Sully wrote: »
    Chriky, did you report it to the Data Protection Office if customer data was on it?

No customer data on any of them so safe there. Just the inconvienence and a lot of broken glass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

What will probably happen is someone will be offered it cheap then pay for it and receive a bag with bricks in it. crafty feckers.
    you should get one of them programmes in future that you can connect over the net to them and you can view from webcam on them. Thats obviously only good if the thieving fookers have it connected to the tinternet.
    Hopefully you get them back anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 crk.ie

Do you have service tags for those laptops? You might have a trace of them in the documentation. If you will report it to Gardai, that will make it easier to trace. Maybe you should visit local carboot sale or market?

Yeah the numbers were given to the guards so sure lets just wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Yeah the numbers were given to the guards so sure lets just wait and see.

Do you mind me asking what area this break in was? Sorry to hear it, these break ins are happening all to frequent I hope the bastards get what's coming to them one of these days.

Shop on the Quay, all of the shops apart from the Banks have been hit in recent times according to the Gardai. It was only a matter of time before we got it I suppose.

Advertisement