Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*GEOECOLOGY ESSAYS LIST*

• 16-11-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

So i'm sitting the L.C Geography paper this year and desperately need an A2. My project is done and my teacher has said that I should achieve 18+ % in it so that's ok, my Geographical knowledge is quite good on the Core and Elective sections so I should be ok there too, and the Shorts have been very do-able in the past and am looking for full marks in this section.

The only section I seem to have any trouble with is the Option question, I have decided that these lengthy essays are the only ones I am going to learn, i'm just looking for advice from you all, if this list is too minimal or if i'm leaving too much to chance only learning the following:
    • Characteristics of Brown Earth Soils
    • Impact of Human Activites on Soils
    • Plant and Animal Adaptations
    • Characteristics of a Biome
    • Economic Activities and how they alter Biomes.
    These essays have apperared and made up at least 2 out of the 3 given essays on the exam.

Thanks for advice, PictureFrame

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭wealthyman

Plant and animal adaptions is nothing to do with Geography, that's Biology. Why did you put that in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Plant and animal adaptations to their specific biome is on the geography course. I learned it last year for my Biome question. It was marked correct when I re-checked my paper. I wouldn't class it as a separate question though. I would include it in a very detailed "Characteristics of a Biome" question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

wealthyman wrote: »
    Plant and animal adaptions is nothing to do with Geography, that's Biology. Why did you put that in there?
    I put that there "Wealthyman", as if you kindly consult your Exam papers and go to 2007 Q. 18 you will in fact see that it did come up as a full 80 mark question..

"Describe how plant and animal life adapt to soil and climatic conditions in a biome which you have studied"..

My Teacher is an experienced Corrector, and she firmly believes that this topic will appear as a full question this year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Dude... Go for the A1 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Wesc. wrote: »
    Dude... Go for the A1 :p
    Do you think so?. I can't imagine it would be extremely difficult to obtain though! Are you looking for an A1?. What sort of stuff are you learning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Do you think so?. I can't imagine it would be extremely difficult to obtain though! Are you looking for an A1?. What sort of stuff are you learning?

Yeah I am hopefully I'll get it :) I'm in the same situation with you with regards to the project so I'm pretty confident about that...

ATM I'm studying geography a lot as I've Christmas exams coming up. I have to learn the questions that come up year in year out such as :

-Primary, secondary and tertiary economic activities in and Irish region, non-Irish European region (Mezzogiorno) and subcontinental region (India).

-Globalisation of MNCs (Dell).

-Effects of colonialism...(Brazil).

-Effects of european union expansion on Ireland.

-Effects of CAP and CFP to Irish economy.

-Conflict between local and national interests (Shell in Belmullet).

-Economic and Enviromental effects of oil consumption.

-Plate tectonics(Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Fold mts.)

-Formation of Limestone, Basalt and Marble.

-Irish landform formation (Ox-Bow lake).

-Human interaction with rock cycle (Quarrying).

-Human interaction with fluvial processes (Aswan Dam).

Well that's most of them of the top of my head there's probably a few more. I can't say much on the Essay type questions worth 80 marks since we've only started them. We're doing characteristics of a biome btw :cool:

Oh and don't sacrifice geography for your other subjects as they're worth just as much points as it is!

Advertisement