Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

questions

Options
  • 16-11-2011 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

a landlord i work for is being asked for certs in order to renew his insurance policy . the place is a house in flats, wired about 10 years ago and he has no idea who originally certified it.
    i was under the impression that a cert could only be issued by the contractor who did the work , any ideas how he should proceed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I would think he would have to get a reci/ecssa registered electrician to retest the premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Getting a reci contractor shouldn't be a problem , I just didn't think they were allowed to certify work that they hadn't done themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

thanks for the link, very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

kramer1 wrote: »
    I just didn't think they were allowed to certify work that they hadn't done themselves.

Thats only on new installations,What you need in in this case is someone to come out and do a periodic inspection test which any registered electrician can do.

• Advertisement

so thats a different type of cert? ill give reci a shout on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

kramer1 wrote: »
    so thats a different type of cert? ill give reci a shout on monday

Its more of a report on the current state of the installation with a lot more information than a cert and will contain advice on what needs to be done to bring everything up to spec(if any).But with a 10 year old building like you said you can be sure there will be some work needed to be done.

If you know a registered electrician get him to have a look at it he should know what to do.

Advertisement