Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website code help

Options
  • 16-11-2011 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

I'm a complete novice when it comes to code so please forgive me if I ask any apparently stupid questions!

I'm trying to add some code to a website for badges/buttons, so that visitors to the site can share it or bookmark it or tweet it etc. I have the code but whenever I paste it to where I want it to be i.e. on the menu at the bottom of the page, it keeps appearing underneath it and not on the menu itself. There are already two badges on this menu and I have tried pasting the new code next to the code for the existing badges.

Can anybody help me and tell me where I should paste the text or what changes I should make so that it will appear where I want it to appear?

P.S. I should probably also mention that the website was not developed by me, but I do have access as an administrator to add content etc. This I do through a text editor and not through code.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It could be any number of things, need to see the markup.

I'd suggest boiling the problem down.
    See if you can save the resulting html from the browser, edit it locally and remove as much as you can from the html until what you're left with is the bare bones of the problem area.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Are you using html/css?

If so wrap your code in a div and then use absolute positioning to position where you want it exactly.

You will need to apply a position to the parent div of relative as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You need to show us for a reliable diagnosis and solution. Preferably a link as opposed to posting the markup.

Advertisement