Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Dropping Broadband Connection

Options
  • 16-11-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

My connection keeps dropping every 15-30 minutes. If I 'repair' network connection it gets it going again. Anything going on here I should know about? This is causing me serious pain here.
    In Drogheda.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

My connection keeps dropping every 15-30 minutes. If I 'repair' network connection it gets it going again. Anything going on here I should know about? This is causing me serious pain here.
    In Drogheda.

Hi thewintermute,

Thanks for posting on eircom's Forum on Boards.

This sounds like you're getting intermittent connection problems.

Please try the following quick check first to see if it improves your broadband connection:

Firstly :
    * Powercycle the modem:
    o Flick the power switch to the Off position on the back of the modem
    o Wait 30 seconds
    o Switch the modem back On
    o Wait two minutes for the modem to re-connect

* Disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. (Private phoneline extension cables, etc.) Remove the splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket.

* Ensure all secondary phone extensions are correctly FILTERED

* Test your modem speed with just one single Computer /PC). All other PC's should be shut down temporarily while testing i.e : Computers /laptops /smartPhones /wireless equipment including Games Consoles: (Xbox(s), Playstation(s), etc.

Are you connecting wirelessly?

* If you are using wireless to connect to the internet, connect your computer to the modem with the yellow ethernet cable if possible. This would eliminate any wireless related problems which may affect your connection speed.

If you still have problems with your connection after performing the above steps you will need to contact eircom Technical Support directly. :

Please retain your Technical Support reference (case id:) as this will help speed up your call time and help the Support Team resolve any eircom related problem.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

If you need further assistaance or would like me to follow up on this, PM your case id from Technical Support, and I will follow this up with the Support Centre.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Hi.

Had tried all of the above yesterday without any improvement. Works fine today having left the house to work elsewhere. Go figure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Change the wifi channel, sure everyone in Drogheda is on the same eircom default wireless channel. :)

router address http://192.168.1.254/ expert mode , past warning , configure and then wireless.

channel number between 1 and 15 , pick 1 6 7 or 11 ideally. save and reboot.

Advertisement