Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help !

Options
  • 16-11-2011 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Just got my pc put together and now when i try to install windows 7 of a dvd which i burned it to myself im getting an error called 0xc00000e9, i don't know whats causing it but i'm certain its not my hard drive because i unplugged my hard drive and tried and it still give me the same error. Could it be a graphics card related issue ? When i turn on my pc i get a post beep and all that jazz and my mobo appears to be working fine. its a gigabyte ga 990xa ud3. I don't know what the splash screen on these looks like but when i turn my pc on it doesn't bring one up it just quickly displays text about the components in my pc and then goes to the boot of cd/dvd and then it goes to the windows is loading files screen and gives me the 0xc00000e9 error. the reason i think it may be the graphics card is because it doesn't show the splash screen image but i'm most likely wrong. Please please help i reallly want to get this pc up and running ASAP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalv10022

Just got my pc put together and now when i try to install windows 7 of a dvd which i burned it to myself im getting an error called 0xc00000e9, i don't know whats causing it but i'm certain its not my hard drive because i unplugged my hard drive and tried and it still give me the same error. Could it be a graphics card related issue ? When i turn on my pc i get a post beep and all that jazz and my mobo appears to be working fine. its a gigabyte ga 990xa ud3. I don't know what the splash screen on these looks like but when i turn my pc on it doesn't bring one up it just quickly displays text about the components in my pc and then goes to the boot of cd/dvd and then it goes to the windows is loading files screen and gives me the 0xc00000e9 error. the reason i think it may be the graphics card is because it doesn't show the splash screen image but i'm most likely wrong. Please please help i reallly want to get this pc up and running ASAP

Try type In the Error in google an it should show up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aaroncurran

Dalv10022 wrote: »

already did no success :(

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalv10022

already did no success :(

Ok then , good luck . I'd think it's the disc or the HDD . Probably try Downloading a new Win 7 file and burn it again ...

Ok then , good luck . I'd think it's the disc or the HDD . Probably try Downloading a new Win 7 file and burn it again ...

Is it possible that it can be the disk drive if my disk drive reads the win 7 disk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

• Advertisement

How do i update the BIOS ?
    I was afraid you might say that... :) what motherboard do you have? Make & model... EDIT: sorry just saw it in your post above... Give me a while I need to check how to do it

asif2011 wrote: »
    I was afraid you might say that... :) what motherboard do you have? Make & model...

lol, im a newb :)

Gigabyte 990XA-UD3

Right you'll need another PC to do this...

1. Go to this website...
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3901#bios

2. Save the F9 BIOS file from the European server link, save that somewhere, run it - extracting the contents to another folder.

3. Wherever you extracted it, you should have a file called "990XAUD3.F9" - copy that to a USB key

4. Turn on your new PC with the USB key plugged in and keep pressing the END key on the keyboard, this will open up QFlash which will enable you to flash the BIOS.

5. In there you need to select up or down to get to "Update BIOS from drive" and press Enter. From there you should be able to select the drive and file "990XAUD3.F9". Let it do it's thing updating it, reboot, that should be done.

If you get lost doing this, it's in the back of the manual that came with the motherboard as well. But I think that should do it for you...

asif2011 wrote: »
    Right you'll need another PC to do this...

1. Go to this website...
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3901#bios

2. Save the F9 BIOS file from the European server link, save that somewhere, run it - extracting the contents to another folder.

3. Wherever you extracted it, you should have a file called "990XAUD3.F9" - copy that to a USB key

4. Turn on your new PC with the USB key plugged in and keep pressing the END key on the keyboard, this will open up QFlash which will enable you to flash the BIOS.

5. In there you need to select up or down to get to "Update BIOS from drive" and press Enter. From there you should be able to select the drive and file "990XAUD3.F9". Let it do it's thing updating it, reboot, that should be done.

If you get lost doing this, it's in the back of the manual that came with the motherboard as well. But I think that should do it for you...

the q flash doesn't recognise either of my usb pens :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

what mode is your harddrive set to in the bios?

You need to make sure it is set to Sata and not IDE.

uberpixie wrote: »
    what mode is your harddrive set to in the bios?

You need to make sure it is set to Sata and not IDE.

I cant find that option in my bios :/

EDIT: Nvm found it lol :p trying now... fingers crossed

EDIT2: now i'm getting bootmgr cannot be found :(

bump,

anyone have any ideas ? :(

The only way the rule everything out is to get a USB drive that will work with QFlash, ask for a lend of mates or work USB keys, buy new if neccessary they are cheap. The links above seem to suggest this is a known problem with particular boards as they are shipped without the latest BIOS. This happens reguarly and is not always an issue but for your board flashing the BIOS is the first thing to do. Then you can start troubleshooting installation errors.

Advertisement