Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quartz worktop and removing wine stains

• 16-11-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hello,
    I recently purchased a quartz worktop for kitchen, I was told by the supplier it was non porous, however I have some wine stains now which won't shift. How to I rid stains without marking the quartz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zxcvb

I also have a Quartz Beige coloured worktop installed over a year and it started to stain, I tried a lot of cleaning agents and nothing appeared to work. I also had 2 heat stains where a hot saucepan was left on the counter top. The only thing that worked in the end was baking soda and a toothbrush; it took all satins out, even the heat stains to my surprise.
    I would use a soft nylon brush and baking soda on tough stains and a soft cloth with baking soda on the rest.

Advertisement