Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ Codeblocks

Options
  • 16-11-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Im am trying to learn how to use code blocks but when i launch it and the Hello world comes up the first time i open it and press f9 the program doesnt launch. I have checked the tool chain executable's and everything seems to be fine there. Any other ideas of how to get it working?
    I have downloaded the MinGW file !

"Helloc++ - Debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
    Nothing to be done.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

martin g wrote: »
    Im am trying to learn how to use code blocks but when i launch it and the Hello world comes up the first time i open it and press f9 the program doesnt launch. I have checked the tool chain executable's and everything seems to be fine there. Any other ideas of how to get it working?
    I have downloaded the MinGW file !

"Helloc++ - Debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
    Nothing to be done.

Install Visual Studio express.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

srsly78 wrote: »
    Install Visual Studio express.

Any chance of an answer that was... well, in some way less jerk-ish and more explanatory so it helped the OP and all those with the same issue?
    C'mon, don't get us featured in XKCD!

wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭martin g

Has anybody got a better answer???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Looks like the IDE isn't finding your compiler. You say your using MinGW so try this...

Open Code::Blocks

Click settings, compiler and debugger

In the "selected compiler" drop down menu make sure GNU GCC Compiler is selected.

Looks like the IDE isn't finding your compiler. You say your using MinGW so try this...

Open Code::Blocks

Click settings, compiler and debugger

In the "selected compiler" drop down menu make sure GNU GCC Compiler is selected.

Yea that is selected and in the tool chain everything seems to look right as well. They are the only 2 things people have been able to suggest thats wrong...

• Advertisement

Did you download the Codeblocks release that has MinGW with it? Is mingw installed correctly? You could try compiling in release mode and see if that works. I have had problems before compiling in debug mode only for release to work

Did you download the Codeblocks release that has MinGW with it? Is mingw installed correctly? You could try compiling in release mode and see if that works. I have had problems before compiling in debug mode only for release to work

Yea the Codeblocks have the MinGW and it installed properly. Im going use Notepad++ now. I added the path in the advanced system settings & system root for the Codeblocks and its working for me that way. Now to start learning C & C++ :D

martin g wrote: »
    Yea the Codeblocks have the MinGW and it installed properly. Im going use Notepad++ now. I added the path in the advanced system settings & system root for the Codeblocks and its working for me that way. Now to start learning C & C++ :D

Check out this site

http://www.learncpp.com/

Check out this site

http://www.learncpp.com/

Cheers ill check that out... Ive found a good one on the Chrome store that is done by videos, been checking out some videos and they seem good !

http://www.wibit.net/course_list

Advertisement