Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 foot tall Kentia Palm plants........

Options
  • 16-11-2011 10:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

.......for 26 euro in Ikea today.

Someone in Ikea made a boo boo on the pricing today,and that led me to pick up 6 of these lovely indoor monsters for 26 euro each.:D

Should have been 50 euro each,but I pointed out to the shopfloor manager the bit about "consumer rights" and selling at the price marked down.

They are all around the 7 feet tall mark,so Im well happy with them,

Result so.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Well done, Paddy.

You were wrong re your rights, though, and lucky that the manager didn't know his consumer law ;)

This:

If a retailer makes a mistake the buyer does not have the right to demand that the goods be sold to them at the marked price.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

jprboy wrote: »
    Well done, Paddy.

You were wrong re your rights, though, and lucky that the manager didn't know his consumer law ;)

This:

If a retailer makes a mistake the buyer does not have the right to demand that the goods be sold to them at the marked price.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

......."her" consumer law.

Manager was a she.

Must have been a lucky day for me so.:D

They are very tall and wide palms,and my girlfriend loves them

paddy147 wrote: »
    ......."her" consumer law.

Manager was a she.

That explains it................. :P

/gets coat

jprboy wrote: »
    That explains it................. :P

/gets coat

I got the whole "Ikea values its customers" talk from her too.:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    I got the whole "Ikea values its customers" talk from her too.:D

In fairness, though, retailers probably often feel it's better to take the hit than have a disgruntled customer whose going to go off and post on Boards about not getting their consumer rights !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Jaysus Paddy how big is your house...12 foot Christmas trees, six 7 foot Palms. Do you even have any furniture :D

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Jaysus Paddy how big is your house...12 foot Christmas trees, six 7 foot Palms. Do you even have any furniture :D

Pic of a few of the Kentia Palms.

2 well known garden centres are selling these for 70 euro at the moment,so me thinks that 26 euro each in Ikea was and is a hell of a good bargain/price.:)

Just got to figure out where to put them all now.

Advertisement