Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

legitimately paying cash for goods

• 16-11-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭

As red light flash in the Revenue, is there a legitimately way to pay cash for goods that are a farm expense. I personally dont want to deal in cash, but recently sometimes the question is asked looking for payment/part payment in cash. I can only imagine why the vendor wants cash but this should not be my worry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭LivInt20

As red light flash in the Revenue, is there a legitimately way to pay cash for goods that are a farm expense. I personally dont want to deal in cash, but recently sometimes the question is asked looking for payment/part payment in cash. I can only imagine why the vendor wants cash but this should not be my worry.

The only question for you might be "where did you get the cash" to pay for the goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

LivInt20 wrote: »
    The only question for you might be "where did you get the cash" to pay for the goods.

Yeah, if it came out of your bank account, and you could account for it that way, and get a receipt for the purchase I can't see a problem :confused: Just keep track (write it down) of what's going into and coming out of your account for your own information. That way you can answer any question anytime it's asked.

If ya want to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Cash would be coming out of my business account with the receivers name show on my bank statement. Im in the livestock so there wouldnt be a receipt but I would be able to prove movement of the animals and say what they amounted to in value when say slaughtered a few months later. I think if I just keep all my paper work and records there shouldnt be a problem. What the next person is doing with the cash isnt any of my business

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Yeah but if you pay cash for eg cattle and don't get a reciept can you still put that down as a farm expense? If you are audited revenue are going to ask a lot of questions.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

How you pay for it is irrelevant - as long as you get a receipt... non receipted stuff is only trouble waiting to strike IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

blue5000 wrote: »
    Yeah but if you pay cash for eg cattle and don't get a reciept can you still put that down as a farm expense? If you are audited revenue are going to ask a lot of questions.
    If you take the cash from your account it will show on your statement,the accountant can show it so your fine i have never got a receipt for an animal in my life and iv never had trouble thankfully..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Have you been audited though?

I understood that if paying cash you have to get a receipt, otherwise what's to say you didnt just spend it on beer and chips?

There's really only two reasons to want to be paid cash for anything.

1) you dont trust the buyer and dont want to wait for a checque to clear days after your goods/services have been handed over

2) you dont want to pay tax on your earnings.

Seller number 1 should have no problem issuing a receipt. seller number 2 less so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

But how many people get receipts for stuff they buy on donedeal and the likes.
    Still allot of cash business out there. Its foolish it will eventually catch up with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭caseman

Bob is an the fiddle.
    181779.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

caseman wrote: »
    Bob is an the fiddle.
    181779.jpg

:D:D:D Its got nothing to do with me, im any payments online or cheque person. Cash is just hassle, Person I was having a deal with changed the terms of the deal when I had the goods removed insisting on a % of the payment in cash:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement