Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is too much?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone slight problem at the moment. Me and another guy have been put in charge of renting out the vacant rooms of a large house that we live in on behalf of the landlord after establishing a trust with him after a few years. Anyway we were looking for tenants and this girl shows up who seems nice.

We gave her the room asking for a months rent in advance (the landlord didnt want a deposit) and that was grand with her. Anyway a week goes by and were constantly asking for the rent deposit and she accuses her of not giving enough notice. When she first moved in she stated she wanted a party then she had another and drinks every second night. Blairs music until 6 am some nights. I work and study hard and dont need this and I certainly dont want her destroying this house. I have since found out she has been booted out of at least two different houses previous.

Im a reasonbly nice guy but I live here aswell and I like a nice house to come home to. How long should we give her to get her act together?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Some people don't change......
    She has already been booted from two other houses for similar behaviour- why do you imagine that she is going to magically clean up her act when you read the riot act to her? You need to give her reasonable notice (a month is being generous)- technically it sounds like she is living there under licence, rather than as a tenant, and as such the niceties of notice etc don't necessarily apply.

If I were in your boots- I'd tell her plain and simple that it isn't working out and you're giving her a month's notice to get out. Don't listen to any excuses, and certainly don't believe the stories about how she'll change- because she won't.......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

smccarrick wrote: »
    Some people don't change......
    She has already been booted from two other houses for similar behaviour- why do you imagine that she is going to magically clean up her act when you read the riot act to her? You need to give her reasonable notice (a month is being generous)- technically it sounds like she is living there under licence, rather than as a tenant, and as such the niceties of notice etc don't necessarily apply.

If I were in your boots- I'd tell her plain and simple that it isn't working out and you're giving her a month's notice to get out. Don't listen to any excuses, and certainly don't believe the stories about how she'll change- because she won't.......

Thanks for the advice I agree. I dont think she will change I just never had to turf someone out before and I want to do it in the fairest possible manner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice I agree. I dont think she will change I just never had to turf someone out before and I want to do it in the fairest possible manner.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.......
    Why are trying to be nice about it?
    She's been playing music until 6 in the morning and throwing parties- when you're working and also trying to study.
    Life is too short to put up with that crap.

Advertisement