Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel from Monaghan town to Castle Leslie

• 16-11-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4

Hi!

My friends and I heading up to Monaghan for the weekend and I was just wondering if anyone happens to know of tourist friendly ways to get up to Castle Leslie?

Unfortunately, Not one of us in the group drive and it seems like it would be a trek of a walk so any help would be very much appreciated.

I was looking up taxi services in Monaghan town, as I think this is probably the means of transport I'll end up using, but I was wondering if anyone could also shed any light as to how long the drive would take/how much it would cost?!

Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Its about 15 miles from the town. A taxi should cost you all in the region of 30 notes. 40 notes if your American (Irish taxi tradition)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Lynne90

Haha! Thanks very much for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Its only 6 miles from Monaghan town!!
    The taxi will cost 20-30 Euro per car, if there is more than 2-3 people it will be about 7-8 euros each.
    Taxi is the only form of transport unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

If you are going to stay there, might be worth calling them and seeing if they can arrange some form of transport for you. Even if you decided to walk is not the safest road for pedestrians

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Its only 6 miles from Monaghan town!!
    The taxi will cost 20-30 Euro per car, if there is more than 2-3 people it will be about 7-8 euros each.
    Taxi is the only form of transport unfortunately!

On second thoughts you're actually right, haven't been to castle leslie in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

Yea give them a call,
    They have a partnership with a local taxi firm, Should be a fair price,

Advertisement