Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eircom trying to close down small businesses?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

My sister has a Beauty Salon. She has been with Eircom for the last couple of years. She has a direct debit agreement set up to pay her Eircom bill. On numerous occasions she has been threatened by eircom to be cut off for not paying her bill even though she has a direct debit agreement with them and they have her bank account details, which they have requested on numerous occasions. She has provided the Bank account details each time as they keep claiming that they do not have her account details.

She received yet another threatening letter last week and rang eircom yet again to question how she could be faced with being cut off as she has a direct debit agreement with them. There is sufficient funds in the account so that is not an issue. Yet again, they asked for her bank account details which she gave them and today they cut off her phone line!!

My sister is trying to run a business and keep a few people in employment and eircom seem to be hell bent on making that as difficult as possible by cutting off the phone line, which is her only way of receiving booking appointments.

I know why I left eircom years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

she should pay them up, and move, simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

My sister has a Beauty Salon. She has been with Eircom for the last couple of years. She has a direct debit agreement set up to pay her Eircom bill. On numerous occasions she has been threatened by eircom to be cut off for not paying her bill even though she has a direct debit agreement with them and they have her bank account details, which they have requested on numerous occasions. She has provided the Bank account details each time as they keep claiming that they do not have her account details.

She received yet another threatening letter last week and rang eircom yet again to question how she could be faced with being cut off as she has a direct debit agreement with them. There is sufficient funds in the account so that is not an issue. Yet again, they asked for her bank account details which she gave them and today they cut off her phone line!!

My sister is trying to run a business and keep a few people in employment and eircom seem to be hell bent on making that as difficult as possible by cutting off the phone line, which is her only way of receiving booking appointments.

I know why I left eircom years ago.

Hi blue banana,

Thank you for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Can you please ask your sister to PM her eircom phone number, or Account number, so I can urgently investigate your statements above.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

@blue banana,
    Hi blue banana,

Thank you for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Can you please ask your sister to PM her eircom phone number, or Account number, so I can urgently investigate your statements above.

Best regards,
    Ant
    <slanderous statement removed>
    thats what he is asking you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

neiphin wrote: »
    @blue banana,

thats what he is asking you

Stay off the thread if you have nothing useful to add

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

PM sent to eircom Ant, Thanks.

Her phoneline has now been reconnected but she has still not been provided with an explanation as to why this keeps happening. So anything which would explain why would be a help.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

make sure she is not charged for the reconnection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

PM sent to eircom Ant, Thanks.

Her phoneline has now been reconnected but she has still not been provided with an explanation as to why this keeps happening. So anything which would explain why would be a help.

Thanks

Hi blue banana,

Thanks for PM.

Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement